Running dynamic charts only within market hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running dynamic charts only within market hours

I am using a number of sub 1minute (second) charts. These can only be run using a dynamic time template as far as I can see, which also means they show all out of hours data as well as in hours data. Is there a way around this, so that I can display second charts within market hours only?

Re: Running dynamic charts only within market hours

Wat Tyler
    Starting with version 10.1 all tick based charts (including seconds-bars) can be set to display the data with specific Start and End times. The screenshot enclosed below shows an example of how you could set up the Time Template to show seconds-bars starting from 9:30 and ending at 16:00
    For more information on Time Templates you may want to review this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
    Alex

Originally posted by Wat Tyler
    I am using a number of sub 1minute (second) charts. These can only be run using a dynamic time template as far as I can see, which also means they show all out of hours data as well as in hours data. Is there a way around this, so that I can display second charts within market hours only?

Comment

Excellent news! Thanks very much!

Comment

Wat Tyler
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Excellent news! Thanks very much!

Comment

Re: Re: Running dynamic charts only within market hours

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          [B]Wat Tyler
          Starting with version 10.1 all tick based charts (including seconds-bars) can be set to display the data with specific Start and End times. The screenshot enclosed below shows an example of how you could set up the Time Template to show seconds-bars starting from 9:30 and ending at 16:00
          For more information on Time Templates you may want to review this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
          Alex
          This doesn't seem to work in tick replay mode. Is there a way around this, or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Running dynamic charts only within market hours

Wat Tyler
            In order to work in Tick Replay mode you need to define the Start and End times in the Tick Downloader at the time you are downloading the data.
            In Tick Replay the chart is not making any specific requests to the tick servers and simply plots whatever data is in the file
            Alex

This doesn't seem to work in tick replay mode. Is there a way around this, or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Alex
              Thanks for the explanation
              Wat

Comment

Wat
                You are most welcome
                Alex

Alex
                Thanks for the explanation
                Wat