No announcement yet.

last bar on daily charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quote window shows the low and high prices correctly at the same time.
    Attached Files

Comment

CL V8=1

again, snapshot window is correct. Compared to standard chart, there must be some bug in advanced chart engine when building the last daily bar.
      Attached Files

Comment

Clearpicks,

Thanks for the additional screenshots and information. So far we've tried several different scenarios to duplicate your issue but have not gotten any closer.

I have emailed a New Page File that we would like you to try, Please let me know if you continue to see the same results with this page. (FYI this is a three monitor Page)

If you use any script (EFS or other) please try this page without the studies first.

Thank you
        AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Where did you send the page file?
          I can not find it either in my email box or private message box.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by ahodgee
          Clearpicks,

Thanks for the additional screenshots and information. So far we've tried several different scenarios to duplicate your issue but have not gotten any closer.

I have emailed a New Page File that we would like you to try, Please let me know if you continue to see the same results with this page. (FYI this is a three monitor Page)

If you use any script (EFS or other) please try this page without the studies first.

Thank you
          AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

I don't that it's wise to advertise your email address on the forums so I'll PM you where I sent it.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

It seems all symbols may have such issue. Just saw it on $NDX and $SPX daily charts.

Again, the last candlestick is not correct by snapshot window shows OHLC correctly.

Originally posted by clearpicks
              Where did you send the page file?
              I can not find it either in my email box or private message box.

- Clearpicks
              Attached Files

Comment

AveryH,

I tested with your page and I did not see the last bar issue in all the trials.

I think this is understandable because your page applies no studies also the intraday charts only load very small amount of bars (e.g. CL V8=1,1 1148bars, 15 and 60 min charts 640 bars).

I changed the time template to mine ( 1min and 5min: 4 days ), and applied some studies from esignal release
                \pivots\pivotpointall.efs
                \efs 2 basic\basicvolume.efs
                \library\ultimateoscillator.efs
                to each chart.

The last bar issue occured as expected in the screenshot ( see NQ U8,D and CL V8=1,D charts in the screenshot ).

So there must be something wrong in eSignal charting engine which can not process the snapshot OHLC information of the last daily bar when CPU usage is relative high at the starting phase. Becuase this snapshot info is unprocessed and discarded, it results in the incorrect last daily bar.

From my own trading page or the midified page of yours, removing studies from charts one by one to decrease the CPU usage in esignal starting phase, when such CPU usage is below some threshold, the last bar issue goes away.

Also during my test, I observed in some rare cases, the daily charts of some symbols did not have this issue while at the same time other symbols did show incorrect last daily bars. (is it because the timing of data stream or just because the CPU usage is arround the threshold?) But in most cases, all daily charts show incorrect last bars.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by ahodgee
                Clearpicks,

Thank you
                AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

Clearpicks,
                  Thanks for the modified page you sent back, but I'm still not able to duplicate what you're seeing. This may be because of the limited data as the markets are closed. I've even waited until the night session has started and opened and closed the application a couple of times. But I'm still getting the correct bars.

I'll try once again in the morning when all markets open and see if we can duplicate then. In the mean time you may want to upgrade your version to build 1291 as this is what we're all using to troubleshoot. I'll be available here in the office at 6:00 am PST to start the next round of troubleshooting, for a webex if you'd like or even compare our charts.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Clearpicks
                    And after a morning of testing on a variety of machines and configurations I was able to duplicate the Daily Bar you mentioned early in this post.

Using very similar computer we had a difficult time trying to duplicate this issue. We finally found one box that it was pretty consistent on. The different between the boxes was that we added a third Monitor and reduce the amount of Ram from 2 gig to 1. We were able to resolve the issue when upgrading to the newest (not yet release) beta version of 10.2.

The Product Managers do not have a firm date on when eSignal 10.2 will be available for everyone but once it is they will post to the eSignal Forum.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you for your effort. I really appreciate it. I am so happy this issue is going to be solved.

- Clearpicks

Comment

Clearpicks,

Good News, the eSignal 10.2 Beta was released late last week for everyone to download and test. You can read about the new features and download it from here.

I'm anxious to know if it fixes your issue with the Daily bar. Please give it a try and let me know.

AveryH
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Unfortunately it seems the bug is not fixed in 10.2 beta. See the attached screenshots I just made.
                          Attached Files

Comment

$SPX
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X