Insufficent data for 500 daily sma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insufficent data for 500 daily sma

A daily 500 sma will not display. If I keep reducing the MA length, eventually it wil display, so I'm thinking the chart doesn't automatically ask for enough data to calculate the 500 MA.

How can I automatically get enough data to calculate the 500 sma?

Thanks
    Shaeffer

Re: Insufficent data for 500 daily sma

shaeffer
    That is because you either have the chart set to Dynamic mode which will load enough bars to fill the chart (in 10.1 the default is 300) but that may be insufficient to plot a 500 period moving average or you may not be requesting enough bars if you have set a specific number of days/bars to load.
    Using the Time Template set the chart to load a specific (or greater) number of bars (501 would be the minimum to get a plot)
    Alex

Originally posted by shaeffer
    A daily 500 sma will not display. If I keep reducing the MA length, eventually it wil display, so I'm thinking the chart doesn't automatically ask for enough data to calculate the 500 MA.

How can I automatically get enough data to calculate the 500 sma?

Thanks
    Shaeffer

Comment

Hi Alex,

You are right .. I did have the charts in dynamic mode. A 600 bar time template did the trick.

Thanks again
      Shaeffer

Comment

shaeffer
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by shaeffer
        Hi Alex,

You are right .. I did have the charts in dynamic mode. A 600 bar time template did the trick.

Thanks again
        Shaeffer

Comment

Working...
        X