Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal fatal error when changing between layouts

Sometimes when I try to switch from one layout to another I get the
    "Application has been unexpectedly terminated. If you wish to send a log to the developers please describe when the error occurred."

If however I go from the layout to a new blank page and then to the other layout everything works fine.
    Last edited by waynecd; 09-18-2008, 08:04 AM.

Hello waynecd,

Are you running version 10.2.1355? I was not able to reproduce this initially. Please describe in detail what types of windows and symbols are in your layout. Is this problem occurring for all layouts or one in particular?

In the mean time please submit the logs when this problem occurs.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

I'm running ver 10.2.1337.1204
      Each time it has occurred I have submitted the logs when prompted. I just sent one around 3 PM EST today Tuesday, 9/23 asking in the text for it to be forwarded to you. I recently totally rebuilt both my layouts from scratch and it still occurs.

I switch between two very similar layouts, one for AX Z8-DT (DAX) and one for the ES #F. I run a daily, 3 min, 512T, and 55T chart on the above along with two time&sales windows and three daily stock charts (external to the eSignal main window). Each chart has a minimum of 3 studies and the 55T has the same 3 pane studies plus 3 price pane studies.

Sometimes, when in one of the layouts and I just "open" the other one (saving the original when prompted) I get the error that eSignal must close. It seems (though I can't prove it) that it occurs when data flow is fast and furious since it occurs during trading hours and ES #F data pauses and lags periodically depending on volume comming through.

I try to reproduce it but it happens sometimes and others not (mostly not).

I can only theorize that there may not be a solution to this as long as eSignal temporarily jams with volume spikes.

Thanks
      Wayne
      Last edited by waynecd; 09-23-2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Hello Wayne,

The data rates these days are definitely presenting some challenges for desktop software.

Have you tried using pages vs. layouts? That could be a possible solution. Try saving each layout as a page file with a new name. Then try reproducing the same scenario by switching between the two pages. Let us know if the problem persists in this case. If it does, please post a copy of the two page files (.pg).
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X