eSignal Ondemand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Ondemand

I signed up for eSignal OnDemand a few days ago - trying to make a transition from TradeStation 8.x. Few things:

1) I know the charts are supposed to be delayed. But if I open them up in the morning, I get delayed data and the chart looks fine. As the day progresses, the chart starts to look funny - squished bars throughout the day instead of normal looking bars - almost like a point. Do I need to keep refreshing them? How do I refresh a chart in eSignal? Right now, I am always closing & reopening charts - that's not a viable option.

2) Does eSignal charts not have a scrollbar at the bottom? Is there a way to scroll to previous days in a intraday chart just using keyboard?

3) How do I get a "day version" of the chart? Don't want to see anything outside 0830 - 1515 CDT
    Attached Files
    Last edited by papertiger; 09-23-2008, 04:09 PM.

papertiger

2) Does eSignal charts not have a scrollbar at the bottom? Is there a way to scroll to previous days in a intraday chart just using keyboard?
    To scroll a the chart click and drag the mouse right or left on the chart

3) How do I get a "day version" of the chart? Don't want to see anything outside 0830 - 1515 CDT
    You do that by using Time Templates. For information on Time Templates and instructions on how to use them see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

Re: eSignal Ondemand

Originally posted by papertiger
      1) I know the charts are supposed to be delayed. But if I open them up in the morning, I get delayed data and the chart looks fine. As the day progresses, the chart starts to look funny - squished bars throughout the day instead of normal looking bars - almost like a point. Do I need to keep refreshing them? How do I refresh a chart in eSignal? Right now, I am always closing & reopening charts - that's not a viable option.
      By leaving the chart open, you are seeing the prices that have been "pulsed" to you aka snapshot. That's one reason we call the service "OnDemand" since it's not designed to be a streaming service.

To quickly refresh the chart, simply hit ctrl and the green OK box in the chart status window. That'll resend the request and give you an updated "ondemand" request.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X