Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• display problem with keyboard short-cut keys

Hi,
    I just installed 10.2. I am having a problem of not seeing the short cut keys displayed properly in the menu. Instead of seeing letters, I am seeing + signs, e.g., on the left side of the menu item - file/"save as", it should be "ctr-a", but a "+" sign is displayed.

This problem also happens when I try to customize keyboard short cuts. I do not see the letters when they are selected. In their place, I see + signs. The assignment still works despite the wrong display.

It worked fine for a few hours after the installation. I am puzzled as to what happened after that. Thanks for any help.

Regards,
    Rambo

Not a Esignal problem

Sorry, this is not an esignal problem. I am having the same problem with other program as well.

Rambo

Comment

looking for help

I still could not figure out why the keyboard shortcuts would not display properly, e.g. dispalying as ++ instead of ctrl-s. Although this is not an Esignal specific issue, I would appreciate it very much if any forum participants could offer me some help on the issue.

Regards,
      Rambo

Comment

I haven't experienced that issue but in case we can be of help, what operating system are you running and what other program was showing the same display issue for the shortcuts?

Thanks.

Comment

More about the problem

Thank you for taking a look at the problem. It apparently is a Windows xp problem. When I left click on any program icon, select property and try to assign a Windows shortcut key to the program, the same problem happens. In the shortcut key space, ++ signs are displayed, instead of the keys I push for shortcut key assignment. The assigned short cut key still works despite the display problem.
          I have used Windows xp CD to repair the installed files in case any of them are damaged. The repairing did not resolve the problem.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,
          Rambo

Comment

Rambo,

This issue could be the result of an application or even Windows Updates you've installed on the computer. Depending on how long you've been experiencing this problem you may want to try a System Restore to roll back your computer to a previous time.

I think you have the options to roll back the computer up to 120 days with the system restore.

Try this out and let us know if it helps you.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you

Avery,
              Thank you very much for the help. I will keep it in mind and try it if more problems emerge.

Regards,
              Rambo

Comment

Working...
              X