eSignal CRASHING alot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal CRASHING alot

I have been attempting to run multiple advanced charts in my layout and I am attaching custom alerts to the charts. I am finding that if I have multiple advanced charts open, eSignal keeps freezing. In particular, I have my primary advanced chart open and than the others in the background with alerts set. When I attempt to change the time frame on the primary advanced chart, say from 3 to 50 minutes, more times than not eSignal crashes. When this happens I shut it down and restart the program. This works only for a short period of time before it crashes again. This is getting extremely frustrating. I am using Windows XP and I am wondering if this may be the problem? I noticed another thread (http://forum.esignal.com/showthread.php?threadid=2673) where the user appears to have the exact same problem. Please help as I can not trade with this problem occuring.

Thanks

Thanks for referencing that other thread. Freezing issues tend to be isolated to the particular user's desktop so there's quite a few variables to run through to locate the problem. Doesn't sound like you're using tick charts ( which can be CPU intensive ) but please confirm that. Please tell us about your PC as well ( eSignal version, RAM, mhz, etc )

We're seeing more and more problems caused by other applications running under Windows that the user is often completely unaware of. It takes a bit of time, but if you can go through the Windows Task mamanger and make sure that every process running should be running, that would really help. Here's a handy FAQ with some reference links on this subject.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using primarily 2, 10 and 50 minute charts. I am also using the most recent version of eSignal (version 7.3 build 588). This morning, I actually uninstalled the eSignal program and all of its related directories and then reinstalled it to see if this would solve the problem, but with no luck.

My computer is a P4 1.80GHz with 256 MB RAM. I am running two monitors.

I visited the link you sent and I will go through all of my running programs and remove those that are not needed.

I did not experience this problem until I attempted to run multiple advanced charts. Any help you can provide me with is greatly appreciated. I will let you know once I have run through all of my running programs and the result of doing this.

Thanks for your help

Brad

Comment

Working...
      X