Possible speed degredation in 10.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible speed degredation in 10.2

During premarket (Chicago 6 to 6:30am) with a few ES charts open from yesterday (no quotes or anything else, but various efss with external symbols), I'm seeing very sluggish performance (slow cursor response and maxed core):

* Minimise all charts - Core no longer maxed.
    * Close all charts and reopen page - still sluggish
    * close all charts except 233T (dynamic) - still sluggish
    * delete all indicators (on 233T) - still slugish, not so bad
    * restart eSignal, load same page - seems much faster.

It was noticeble that the core use was cyclical - not a constant max-out but pulsed up and down from nothing to maxed - it could have been that this was related to the ticks arriving?

Therefore, based on this non-scientific, once only, written from memory, analysis it would seem there may be a problem with charts being more slowly redrawn if there is a large historical collection of bars?
    With 10.1 versions I used to leave charts open for days and didn't get this pre-market sluggishness.

I assume that "Display Settings" does not affect charts?

Anyone noticed anything similar?

Slow charts or freezing. I just upgraded to 10.2 from 10.1, with 15 charts loaded I have been having charts frozen multiple times in the last 2 days. Is there a way to improve upon that. -AK

Comment

Overall, we're seeing quite a bit of success with performance on 10.2 vs 10.0 and 10.1 but there remains a number of variables that users should be aware of. This kb article outlines most of them. If you can do some trial and error testing, you may be able to pretty quickly spot what may be contributing to the slowness (old lines, too many EFS routines or poorly optimized EFS routines, etc)

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1639&p=1

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X