X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating window bug (build 588)

Steps...

1) open two advanced charts.

2) click the pop-out button on one of them. you should now have one advanced chart inside the main esignal app, and one floating outside of it.

3) click the maximize button on the window inside the esignal app (not the floating one).

4) click anywhere in the floating advance chart window.

5) bam.

What seems to be happening is the main esignal app is still treating the floating window as an MDI child window, thus when focused and when the MDI windows are in maximize mode, the app attempts to maximize the floating app as a child (which it no longer is). This locks the main window and causes the floating window to be drawn at a incorrect scale for its actual size.

To unlock the main window simply click the "un-pop-out" button on the title bar of the floating window so that it becomes an MDI child window again.

rinse and repeat as desired.

Hi Genspoo,

We know of a couple of bugs on the pop-out feature from the 7.3 release, which is what I believe you're on.

We made corrections and have those fixes in the current beta that we have out. I tried recreating this on my version and all works fine.

If you would like to try our latest 7.4 Release Candidate, you can get it here.

We are scheduled to release 7.4 in early July if you prefer to wait for that.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Thanks. I'll download and install the latest release candidate and try it there. I probably should have done that before posting.

Comment

FYI, I just tested this on build 605 and it all is well.

Comment

Working...
        X