Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in quote screen?

Hi all,
    I just got Signal 7.3 installed and I had it up and running, but I started having a problem with a quote screen window. When I enter in a futures symbol I either get a no data or a not ent. error msg. It was working find until I restarted the data manager. Now only the stock quotes work correctly. I am getting the price updated correctly in the chart windows and all the data seems to be working fine. I have tried restarting everything from the data manager, to the app, to the computer and still can get it to work. Has anyone ever seen this problem/know how to fix it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    chris

Can you open up the Data Manager and see what the main screen is indicating? Have you by chance run eSignal on two different PC's recently; like at work and at home?

Can you tell any pattern between the times the status box says "no data" vs "not ent"?

Just in case....you might also want to log on to your account and double check the services that are active. It doesn't sound like a permissioning problem but we should check all the basics.

I'll be able to tell a lot more about your system when I have access to our in-house diagnostic tools but maybe we'll get lucky and find the solution over the weekend.

Thanks.

Comment

Can you open up the Data Manager and see what the main screen is indicating? Reception and passwd are both OK and system is performing normally

Have you by chance run eSignal on two different PC's recently;
      like at work and at home? No just my pc at home.

Can you tell any pattern between the times the status box says "no data" vs "not ent"? not there does not really look there is a pattern. I can sen you a screen shot if you would like.

double check the services that are active. It doesn't sound like a
      permissioning problem but we should check all the basics.
      Everything looks ok there.

I'll be able to tell a lot more about your system when I have access to our in-house diagnostic tools but maybe we'll get lucky and find the solution over the weekend.

Thank you for your help,
      chris

Comment

I have played with it a little more and can add some more about the behavior of the of the problem. I have the quote window and a chart window linked so when I click on a chart it changes to a the chart of the latest quote that I selected. When I try to select a new issue the selected chart comes up but in the quote window the no data changes to no ent. See attached file.

Thank you,
        chris
        Attached Files

Comment

I just talked to a live rep, we did some troubleshooting and in the data manager settings, the ip address was set to DCM*.esignal.com. Everything started working after it was set to just CM. I am not sure how that happened. But anyway thanks for your help.

chris

Comment

Glad to hear it. DCM is the setting to connect to the "delayed connection manager" for users only subscribing to delayed data. If you are getting realtime data and/or are mixing and matching RT w/Delayed, you need to be looking at our realtime Connection Manager (CM).

Since it's pretty unlikely anyone makes that change directly, it most likely occurred during install. There's one question during install that asks about the type of data you're going to be subscribing to. If you inadvertantly chose "delayed" as opposed to RT, that would change the setting to DCM.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X