Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which figure is more important, ALU or FPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which figure is more important, ALU or FPU?

I want to buy an UMPC for mobile trading. The CPU has limited processing ability.

I hv found one CPU with higher ALU value but lower FPU value, and another one with lower ALU value but higher FPU value.

So other things being equal, is the one with higher ALU value or the one with higher FPU value more suitable for eSignal?

I understand your advice on minimizing the no of studies and finding a computer as powerful as possible. But I want to run it on a 5" or 7" UMPC and there are many CPUs to choose frm.

I would suggest that there are two more important things to look for first...#1 being the ability to run XP (vs. Vista) and the second the amount of RAM it can hold (the more the better...I wouldn't even try to run in less than 1GB with XP, at least 2x that with vista). Given the RAM limitations of most UMPC's this will narrow the possibilities down a fair amount.

As to ALU vs. FPU, in essence you are asking if integer or floating point is more important to eSignal. I suspect that will have a lot to do with the number and type of indicators you use. I'm sure someone at eSignal can comment on this better than I.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

thank you for your advice.

I mainly use EMA and LSMA of different intervals.

For LSMA, I use the library amStudies.efsLib.

Comment

Working...
      X