Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grayed out menu

50% of the time when I click on a trendline in an Advanced Chart
    'Edit, Copy, Remove' are grayed out. Send Image To is not. Clicking again on a different spot on the line displays the menu properly.
    I have 10.2 on 3 computers and this occurs on only one. This occurred on the same computer also with 10.1. I originally downloaded 10.2 over 10.1.

I reinstalled 10.2 using my saved 'Pages' folder. Same problem.
    Again I reinstalled 10.2 without my 'Pages' folder. The same.
    Attached is a screenshot of the chart on the 'WELCOME TO ESIGNAL' page from a clean download.

I use this menu very very often daily, so really hope you can help me with a solution.

Thank you,
    Jay
    Attached Files

While far from knowledgeable about these things, my guess is that something from a previous version is causing the problem and remains on this computer even after completely uninstalling 10.2.
    Is there a file in the eSignal folder which controls this menu function that I could delete and then do a repair installation?

If this problem happened only a few times a day, I would overlook it. But I use this menu numerous times daily and it often takes up to 4 reclicks before I can use the menu. My clicking finger is worn out!!

Thank you for any help you may provide.

jay

Comment

Before I started this thread on 10/18 I spoke to someone at tech support. The only solution he could come up with was to reinstall.
      I reinstalled twice. Same problem.
      On 10/23 I spoke to another tech rep who said to reinstall. I reinstalled. Same problem. Called the tech rep back and he reinstalled 10.2 using remote access. Problem remained. He said he would speak to the programmers and get back to me. Nothing
      yet.
      No matter how many times the uninstall is done by the book(http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display...L=&r=0.8941919) parts remain on my computer. This is shown by some of my default settings, trendlline colors and sizes, FIB EXT and FIB RET settings etc. intact in the newly installed 10.2.

Can anyone please tell me how to completely uninstall 10.2 so that doing so will rid me of the grayed out menu problem?

Thank you,
      jay

Comment

Jay,
        From the look of the chart you're working with Vista.

If I'm correct... You'll want to using this set of instructions to remove eSignal.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by ahodgee
          Jay,

What operating system are you currently using?

AveryH
          eSignal SUpport

I am using XP SP3.

Comment

Working...
          X