Start with "New Page"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start with "New Page"?

I would like to force eSignal to start with no page specified (ie not the one it had open when it closed).
    I believe there is no "command line" method of achiveing this, as would be the norm with most programs, please could it be added.

Anyone know what registry / file I have to edit as a temporary workaround?

Thanks

Dave,

There is not registry entry you would be able to set that would eliminate a default page from coming up each time you open eSignal.

eSignal is always going to open a page. Now if you create a blank page and save it as the default then that what would open when you launch eSignal. I would also recommend that you LOCK this blank page so that even if you make changes to it they will not be saved. Even if you select EXIT ALL AND SAVE. The only thing you would have to remember is that you do not close eSignal with a different page/layout or it will become your default.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

thanks, but as you say " only thing you would have to remember", so could you record a suggestion for a command line argument to simplify this?

After all, there can't be many programs that force you to always begin where you left off (with some possibly faulty or damaged or slow-loading page in this case).

Comment

Depending on what you plan on doing once the blank page is open will either negates what I said or validate it.

If you want a blank or New page and you will be adding windows (charts, quotes and so on) to it then the first suggestion of a blank Locked page is all you'll need. If you start with a blank page just to open another page then my statement becomes relevant.

All that said you can simply type winsig.exe /n on the Run line to open a empty or blank page.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

thanks for "/n", can't remember who I first asked, but I was told this didn't exist.

Perhaps a note could be added to the doumentation, certainly it is not in the basic help file.

Dave

Comment

Hey Dave,

No problem, glad I could be of assistance and I'll forward this request to our Project Managers.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

I am probably being thick here, but how can you incorporate the /n into a shortcut? Simply adding it in the target line in the shortcut properties tab doesn't work.

Originally posted by ahodgee

All that said you can actually type winsig.exe /n on the Run line to open a empty or blank page.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Target:

"C:\Program Files\eSignal\WinSig.exe" /n

works for me

Comment

That's odd. Works ok for me now too but seemed not to before. Note to self: cut down caffeine intake and sleep more instead...

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                  X