Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the time stamp of tick charts correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the time stamp of tick charts correct?

If I open tick charts of some indices such as $SPX and $ADD, put the cursor on top of the last bar on chart, and compare the time label of the last tick on x-axis to the local computer time, for almost all symbols I checked ( $SPX, $ADD, $NDX, etc. ) the time label of the last tick is always x seconds below the local computer time, where x is the update period of each symbol respectively. For example, for $SPX, it is about 15 seconds behind, for $ADD, it is about 6 seconds, $INDU it is 2 second. Obviously it is not caused by transmission delay or clock mis-syncronization.
    When using the following script to print out second(0) and compare it to the local time, they match with each other. So it seems to me esignal charting engine does not show time label on tick or second charts for these symbols.

function main()
    {
    if ( getCurrentBarIndex() == 0 ) {
    var T = new Date();
    debugPrintln(second(0) + " " + T.getSeconds());
    }
    }

- Clearpicks

Re: is the time stamp of tick charts correct?

clearpicks
    At my end on a 1T chart of the symbols you referenced the timestamps of the bars are displaying the same time of the computer or occasionally 1 second ahead probably due to the rounding of milliseconds (see enclosed screenshots captured at the instant a new $ADD and $SPX bar was formed).
    Note that in my DM the option to synchronize the computer clock is enabled
    Try restarting both eSignal and the DM and see if it resolves the issue or not. In either case you may want to contact LiveRep so that they can check what server(s) you have been connecting to and determine what and where the problem may be
    Alex

Originally posted by clearpicks
    If I open tick charts of some indices such as $SPX and $ADD, put the cursor on top of the last bar on chart, and compare the time label of the last tick on x-axis to the local computer time, for almost all symbols I checked ( $SPX, $ADD, $NDX, etc. ) the time label of the last tick is always x seconds below the local computer time, where x is the update period of each symbol respectively. For example, for $SPX, it is about 15 seconds behind, for $ADD, it is about 6 seconds, $INDU it is 2 second. Obviously it is not caused by transmission delay or clock mis-syncronization.
    When using the following script to print out second(0) and compare it to the local time, they match with each other. So it seems to me esignal charting engine does not show time label on tick or second charts for these symbols.

function main()
    {
    if ( getCurrentBarIndex() == 0 ) {
    var T = new Date();
    debugPrintln(second(0) + " " + T.getSeconds());
    }
    }

- Clearpicks

Comment

Working...
    X