Level II ECN book data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level II ECN book data

Does Esignal offer direct feeds from ISLAND, ARCA or INET? Or do they just display the Nasdaq feed?

Considering dropping Cybertrader pro in favor of another platform, but I do like the direct and fast full book feeds they give.

ECN books coming...

While not available yet, we do plan to add those 3 ECN's before we go Gold with eSignal 7.2 ( likely to be in Jan 03 ). Here's a complete list of features being added to 7.2:

Thanks,

Comment

I have the beta and market depth shows the same lack of ecn books as does Level two screen in beta and previous version.
      I agree with stock777 that having the total book is very important. The list of new features is very ambiguous about this ! Also miss having the ecn bids and asks and trades for listed stocks which are really vital as they are very indicative of price action. Please comment specifically about these features directly. Refering to a general page will not help and I need to make a decision about continuing with esignal! By the tech support barely understands what these books are ? Just take a look at real tick - good to check features of the competition anyway since consumers are !

Comment

Beta is on test servers, has Montage Level II book only

My understanding, reading an earlier Beta thread (from December) is that the Beta uses test servers which are currently getting only the Montage Level II books and not Island and Arca, which are however on the production servers. My expectation when the 7.2 version starts using production servers (i.e. is no longer a Beta) is that we should get all three books on the Market Depth screen.

See the earlier thread "Market Depth":

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...highlight=arca

In that thread Todd mentions getting several other books into the Level II feeds, including options and NYSE books, which of course would be nice. Todd, if it's a useful marketing data point, I am able to see listed stocks in Datek's Level II quotes. Presumably these are coming from the NYSE book. I get these free with my premium account, so I don't think I'd want to pay much more for them from esignal.

I'm certainly glad to see more about the behind the scenes improvements you guys are constantly working on. It's actually pretty exciting to hear about these things before they happen.
        Last edited by jeffch; 01-16-2003, 01:53 AM.

Comment

I got word also from those involved that is consistent with the info you posted/

Comment

In case it's useful to anyone new to 7.2 or previously using the 7.2 Beta, we can now get Island and ARCA (Archipelago) books on Market Depth (formerly called Level II) Windows. The Island and ARCA order books are currently free, but you need to go into your Account Maintenance and specifically select "ECN Book" data for these to work. After saving the change, you probably need to stop and restart eSignal and/or your data manager for the change to take effect.

Here is a link to the Account Mainenance site.

Click on Add/Cancel Product Services, select your product and look for the ECN Book check box under the "Select Your Market Depth" section. Note that you must also have signed up for Level II quotes in order to get the Island and ARCA books, but if you have Level II the additional books have no extra cost.

Probably some of you already knew this. I found it under the new Market Depth FAQs:

I recently upgraded to eSignal version 7.2. Why are the ECN tabs (Island) at the bottom blank when I click on them?

The ECN books are not added to your account by default. You will need to go to account maintenance and choose "ECN Books (ECN)" in the Product Change area. Island is currently available once you add it to your account. Arca is being worked on as are other ECN's like Instinet.
            A couple notes to eSignal: First quite a few of the links in the FAQs are broken; too many to list; someone there needs to go through and fix them or use a tool to find the broken ones. Second, it would be nice to get Options books also. I know you guys are working on it already.....

Comment

Thanks for the heads ups on this Jeff.
              I bet most users assumed level 2 subscribers would automatically have these options set up in the switch to MD, I know I did.

Unfortunately I can find no ECN Book check box choices to enable in my Account Maintenance, and I get a" Not entitled for Island" in my MD window when I try to view Island.
              I guess a call is needed to get this straightened out.

Comment

Jeffc,

I went through each and every link here:

and could not find one bad link. If you are getting "page not displayed" msgs, it may be because you have some sort of pop-up ad blocker running. All the FAQ answers are pop-ups. We have a note about this on the main FAQ page but it's easy to miss if you jump to one of the inside sections. Try to disable the pop-up blocker and try these again.

Please let me know if that's the issue.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brianb
                  Unfortunately I can find no ECN Book check box choices to enable in my Account Maintenance, and I get a" Not entitled for Island" in my MD window when I try to view Island.
                  Do you currently have Level II? If so then you should see the ECN Books checkbox near the top of the Add/Change Products screen. My attached screenshot didn't make it to here, but here's how I get to that page.

Go to Account Maintenance, Product Changes- Add/Cancel Product Services, highlight your current product, click Next. ECN Books is under "Select Your Market Depth". If you don't see that then you may want to contact eSignal.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                    If you are getting "page not displayed" msgs, it may be because you have some sort of pop-up ad blocker running. All the FAQ answers are pop-ups.
                    I did have pop-ups disabled, and briefly enabled them and the FAQ links worked. I tried to disable popups but the links still work. Either my popup disabling doesn't work, or perhaps someone fixed the links (or changed them to not use popups).

Regardless I'd like to request that popups not be used. I'm a big supporter of using the most generic and simple web sites possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X