time on esignal charts wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time on esignal charts wrong?

My intraday charts for index future are 8:30-15:15 and not 9:30-16:15, with the (24 hour) time template, does anybody know why?

a chart of the $TICK and the $VIX are 9:30-16:15 however, with the same (24 hour) time template

date/time settings under preferences are exchange timezones

but im pretty sure trade in futures begins intraday at 9:30 with the exchange, and not 8:30

I have a clue, maybe because of daylight saving time stuff that was last week, it is now 1 hour earlier on clocks and on my computer also.

is the esignal time directly related to my computer?

Re: time on esignal charts wrong?

qballmega
    Which index futures are you referring to? If those on the CME then the pit trading hours are 8:30-15:15 CT (click here for the specs of the S&P500) and that is what you should see if you set the Date/Time Settings to Exchange Timezone
    Alex

Originally posted by qballmega
    My intraday charts for index future are 8:30-15:15 and not 9:30-16:15, with the (24 hour) time template, does anybody know why?

a chart of the $TICK and the $VIX are 9:30-16:15 however, with the same (24 hour) time template

date/time settings under preferences are exchange timezones

but im pretty sure trade in futures begins intraday at 9:30 with the exchange, and not 8:30

I have a clue, maybe because of daylight saving time stuff that was last week, it is now 1 hour earlier on clocks and on my computer also.

is the esignal time directly related to my computer?

Comment

Re: Re: time on esignal charts wrong?

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      qballmega
      Which index futures are you referring to? If those on the CME then the pit trading hours are 8:30-15:15 CT (see here for example the specs of the S&P500) and that is what you should see if you set the Date/Time Settings to Exchange Timezone
      Alex
      CT not ET?
      Is there a way to change it or not possible because of exchange timezone limits. Im looking at the clocks from marketwatch.com/google finance etc. and was wanting to synchronize.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: time on esignal charts wrong?

qballmega
        The CME is in the Central Timezone not in the Eastern Timezone.
        You can display the time in either your local timezone, the exchange's timezone or in GMT
        Alex

CT not ET?
        Is there a way to change it or not possible because of exchange timezone limits. Im looking at the clocks from marketwatch.com/google finance etc. and was wanting to synchronize.

Comment

Is it possible to change my computer time to ET and then select local timezone?

Comment

qballmega
            Yes you can. Keep in mind that at that point your computer will not be running in your real local time
            Alex

Is it possible to change my computer time to ET and then select local timezone?

Comment

ok it works.. thanks for the help alex!

i dont check the time there usually anyway, it works for me

Comment

qballmega
                You are welcome
                Alex

ok it works.. thanks for the help alex!

i dont check the time there usually anyway, it works for me

Comment

Working...