Market Depth No Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Depth No Data

Anyone else having this type of problem. I keep about 10-14 L2 windows open. Several of them will show "no data" under L2 or Total View Tab, yet I''ll get some data under the regional tabs. Every time I open and close esignal, the symbols which show no data will change. If I switch to a different tab during trading hours, then I lose all information for that symbol and nothing returns. This is making the software absolutely worthless in trying to use.

This is a saveguard on the software and servers. eSignal will allow up to 12 L2 Windows.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

When did this 12 window limit take place?
      I've been a long time user of esignal and it was always unlimited.

Comment

This was something that was put in place a couple of weeks ago.

This was done because of the increased amount of data coming from the exchanges. With the increased amount of data we're finding it hard for many users computers to process the data. When the computer falls behind it increases the amount of pack loss and also increases the re-request to the server for the lost data. The additional request coming back to the servers are causing performance degradation and data delays. We've also noticed that it is affecting bandwidth on both sides.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

As a long time subscriber who has been using anywhere from 14-20 L2 windows everyday for many years, why wasn't I notified of this change?

Why don't your live reps know of this change? I've spent 30 min. online with Brian this morning who was clueless.

I've also wasted hours deleting e-signal and reinstalling today, as directed by Brian.

When I subscribed to esignal it was unlimited and I'm paying for an unlimited service.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've experienced with this. It is evident based on your post that we didn't do a good enough job communicating this to the front lines.

That being said, I'd like to take a moment to talk about this further... From the product development side, I'd like to better understand the need to have 14-20 depth windows open at a time. Are you looking for a specific pattern in the depth meter to look for a significant imbalance? Or is it simply that you have about that many positions open at a time and desire to have a Depth Window open for each open position? Have you tried symbol linking to a depth window from a Quote Window? If so, in what way does it not meet your needs to flip between different symbols?

Thanks in advance for sharing with us your unique usage pattern. The more we understand about how you are using eSignal the better we can develop the product going forward.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

All the open market depth windows represent my current open positions or potential new positions to undertake. All the windows are spread among four 19 inch monitors, whereby I can easily and quickly scan each one without touching any keys. Based upon the information I'm seeing, along with the ability to pull up an advanced chart instantly for a quick look, helps me to quickly decide when to buy or sell. I rely quite a bit on market maker and ecn information when trading.

Comment

i am a customer for at least 6years, and you do not feel it is necessary to contact us traders before you enact this big change????
                i also waisted an hour today with a live rep, they did not know ****.
                i use 19 level 2 screes to trade very LOW VOLUME stocks, so bandwith is not the problem in my case.

i was a big esignal fan a few years ago, now i use it because i am used to the look of your product. the first change that pissed me off big time was the times and sales change(now you can´t see the history of the bid and ask changes) and now this????

yes i am angry. if you do not change this market depth rule for me then i am out of here. what a joke.
                if you wan´t to keep me as a customer contact me via pm

regards

Comment

We have a mechanism to grandfather existing customers and permit up to 30 depth windows. ck9 and amsource, we can accomondate both of you in this regards.

In terms of prior notification, we did inform several users who we could identify as causing stress on our depth servers but we couldn't specifically tell who was using more than 12 windows. Our research lead us to believe the count was quite low, hence we elected not to notify our thousands of depth users. We apologize to catch you both by surprise.

We've never marketed the concept of "unlimited" depth windows but while it's always been our intent to enforce some limits on depth data, we didn't have the mechanisms in place for limiting the # of windows, until now. We will now add the limit of 12 windows to our marketing material.

Thanks.

Comment

Well grandfather me in for the 30 L2 windows. Working with only 12 today, I feel like one arm is tied behind my back. With so many opportunities today, I sure could use the extra L2's. Please post when the change will take affect.

Thank You.

Comment

Need your username so please respond to the PM sent earlier.

Thanks.

Comment

Now this is going from bad to even worse.

I'm lucky to now get 10 L2's working.

What is going on?

Comment

Hi amsource,

We tested the Market Depth server you are connected to but were not able to duplicate the abnormalities you reported. We'd like to further investigate to see if this might be specific to your workspace. I will PM you to make arrangements to further troubleshoot this matter.

Thank you,
                          Ray P.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Are you saying that you have tested my account on this server and are receiving up to 30 Level 2 windows without any problems or are you only testing the 12 L2's.

Please specify.

Comment

Our tests specifically targeted the server you were on to ensure it properly allowed up to 12 Level II windows which it did. In reviewing your last message I have a clearer sense of what you are asking. The entitlement to permit 30 depth windows (which was recently added to your account) is being looked into by our QA team. We'll post an update with their findings once more is known.

Thank you,
                              Ray P.
                              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                              X