Cursor Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursor Tracking

I seem to remember that cursor tracking worked across advanced charts, ie if you moved the cursor around in one adv chart, the cursor would also move in the other adv chart.

I notice now that the cursor movement in the second chart is only in the x-axis direction, the y axis doesnt move (up or down).

Am I confused about this?

build 605

Re: Reply to post 'Cursor Tracking'

David
    As far as I can remember it has always been x axis only.
    Alex

Comment

What is the purpose of the option "cursor tracking" in the right-click menu for advanced charts?

No matter whether I select or deselect this option, the cursor window always shows the values at the cursor position.

I would like this window to display the values for the current (right-most) bar of the chart. And only when I activate cursor tracking to show the values at the cursor position.

If it is not intended to work like this, take it as suggestion.

Many Thanks

Bernd Kuerbs

Comment

BKuerbs,

The purpose of the cursor tracking is to relay specific information about where it lies in relation to the X, Y axis of the chart. By placing the crosshairs over the last or right most bar on the chart, OHLC and additional information is displayed in the Cursor window. The same holds true for any bar within the chart window. You want to submit a suggestion to the Product Development Team if the current functionality doesn't meet your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG
          BKuerbs,

The purpose of the cursor tracking is to relay specific information about where it lies in relation to the X, Y axis of the chart. By placing the crosshairs over the last or right most bar on the chart, OHLC and additional information is displayed in the Cursor window. The same holds true for any bar within the chart window. You want to submit a suggestion to the Product Development Team if the current functionality doesn't meet your needs.
          Thanks for your quick answer. I will follow your advice and submit this to the Development Team. I think the current solution is impractical with multiple charts/multiple monitors, where you have to move your cursor to look up other things.

regards

Bernd Kuerbs

Comment

Working...
          X