Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading 60min advanced charts is too slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading 60min advanced charts is too slow.

Can eSignal development team investigate why loading a new advanced intraday chart with relatively long interval (i.e. 60min interval) takes so long time (a few seconds to 20 seconds) even if there is no EFS running on that chart? Is that because the O/H/L/C are regenerated from the tick data at local server? It seems if the algorithm is well chosen, regenerating O/H/L/C for each bar should never take so much time. While watching how the chart is drawn on the screen, you may observe the obvious pauses after drawing evary a few bars. Therefore I think either the chart drawing code is not written or there is some other not well written code causing the poor performance. I noticed another thread complaining about similar problem (http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....&threadid=2867)and I saw no satisfying explanation about why loading charts is so slow.

Clearpicks
    Last edited by clearpicks; 07-14-2003, 09:32 AM.

This is being researched by our developers, and seems to be occurring only on beta versions of 7.4. We will update the thread you referenced once we have some concrete details or solution available.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

This problem is not fixed in the eSignal 7.4 Gold release.

Comment

Working...
      X