Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any kind soul out there?

Hi,

I live in a place where there is no cable, broadband or 24/7 internet service available, just the dial up connection is available which charges by the hour.

Until now I am used to working with readymade charts which I used to download from the net and save them so I can work with them at the end of day. But that limited me to only few studies so I decided to go with eSignal End of Day service.

I have never used a data service like eSignal so I am having a lot of trouble understanding on how yo download and save few charts on my hard drive so that I can work with them anytime.

I have read and re-read manual several times and also went through the online demo and tutorials but I could not find any instructions on how to download and save a few charts so that I can work with them after I go off line.

I am not a computer expert and I would really appreciate if someone could explain to me step by step on how to achieve the following needs.

(1) I would like to put in say 25 symbols and download the charts on those symbols. Where do I put all the symbols and what do I need to do so that those charts would download automatically?

(2) Then I would like to save those charts on my hard drive in a folder and go off line.

(3) Then I would like to retrieve those charts from my hard drive and work on those charts anytime during the day.

(4) Then I would like to update the same charts everyday.

Would anybody be kind enough to explain to me step by step how can I achieve this?

Feel free to send me a PM. if you like.

Thank You,

Kind Regards,

Aston

Please see your other thread for a response.

Thanks.

Comment

Need Info on signing up for eSignal Wizard

To,

Scott Johnson,
      Super Moderator,
      eSignal Support

Hi Scott,

Really appreciate your guidence on switching to eSignal Wizard.

I looked at the Web Page info on eSignal wizard and I need the following information to help me switch to eSignal Wizard.

(1) Most important is does it work with eSignal 7.3 Charting package that currently I am subsribing ? The info on eSignal wizard page says that it works only with Advanced GET, EOD charting program only.

(2) How many symbols can I download with eSignal Wizard?

(3) It says I can download intraday data but does it mean intraday data in the form of 1 Minute, 5, 15, 30, 45 Minutes OR Only 60 Minute format?

(4) Does eSignal Wizard work with any other software Programs besides yours? In other words what format this data is in?

(5) If it does not work with other programs, are there utilities that would convert eSignal Wizard data to other formats like Meta Stock OR ASCII ?

(6) What do I need to do to switch and How soon can I switch?

Thank You,
      Sincerely,
      Aston

Above Reply to Following :
      Hi Aston,

It sounds like your an ideal candidate for our eSignal Wizard product and not the eSignal EOD service.

One of the main advantages with eSignal Wizard is the fact that all the EOD data is downloaded to your local PC so you can work in either online or offline mode. In terms of the 4 steps you're looking to accomplish, you should be able to quickly and easily do each one with eSignal Wizard. Please check out the features page and if you're interested in switching, please contact Customer Service or call our eSignal Wizard Sales Team at 330-645-0077.

Thanks.

Comment

As it stands currently, the eSignal Wizard is mainly an EOD data utility service designed to update daily files each day on your local PC. It will also update intraday, on a delayed basis, but it only stores data for 60 minute or daily segments. Therefore, you won't be able to look at 1 min or 5 min charts off-line as those are not stored locally. You can export the data in several formats, like ASCII, and we plan to support addt'l formats in the near future.

To review the eSignal Wizard user's guide or our Wizard FAQ's, please visit the main eSignal Central Product Training Page and click on eSignal Wizard on the left-hand side.

In terms of the eSignal program, all data is accessed via our servers and only available while logged-on to the system.

It's difficult to say which service will best suit your needs so I highly recommend you call one of our experienced eSignal Wizard Sales Reps tomorrow at 330-645-0077 ( open from 9-5pm ET ).

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Any kind soul out there?'

; charset=us-ascii

Hello Scott,

Would you kindly forward the following post in its entirity to
          appropriate eSignal Wizard Sales Rep or give me the Name and e mail
          address of such Rep?

Dear eSignal Wizard Sales Reprentative.

Currently I am a subsriber of eSignal EOD service but it looks like I
          made the wrong decision and Scott is trying really hard to point me in
          right direction and advise me to look into eSignal Wizard service.

Can you please answer my following points in deatail as I could not find
          this information from your eSignal Wizard web page?

(1) Most important is does it work with eSignal 7.3 Charting package
          that currently I am subsribing ? The info on eSignal wizard page says
          that it works only with Advanced GET, EOD charting program only.

(3) It says I can download intraday data but does it mean intraday data
          in the form of 1 Minute, 5, 15, 30, 45 Minutes OR Only 60 Minute format?

(4) Does eSignal Wizard work with any other software Programs besides
          yours? In other words what format this data is in?

(5) If it does not work with other programs, are there utilities that
          would convert eSignal Wizard data to other formats like Meta Stock OR
          ASCII ?

(6) How soon can I switch?

Thank You,

Sincerely,

Aston

In Response To Your Following Advise : Re : Subsribing To eSignal Wizard

Hi Aston,

It sounds like your an ideal candidate for our
          <http://www.esignal.com/advancedget/wizard/default.asp> eSignal Wizard
          product and not the eSignal EOD service.

One of the main advantages with eSignal Wizard is the fact that all the
          EOD data is downloaded to your local PC so you can work in either online
          or offline mode. In terms of the 4 steps you're looking to accomplish,
          you should be able to quickly and easily do each one with eSignal
          Wizard. Please check out the features page and if you're interested in
          switching, please contact
          <http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...ct/default.asp> Customer
          Service or call our eSignal Wizard Sales Team at 330-645-0077.

Thanks.

<http://www.esignalcentral.com/traini...al/default.asp> All New
          eSignal Training Page

[email protected] wrote:

Hello aston,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Aston,
            I will be able to answer your questions in order of your last post.

(1) Most important is does it work with eSignal 7.3 Charting package

Currently this End Of Day data serives only works with the Advanced GET End Of Day program. We do plan on making this a service to use with the eSignal 7.x application. I would like to see this sometime this summer, but I do not have a final date.

Currently we allow you to download a little over 7000 stock symbols and all major US futures symbols. It is an all or nothing download where you can only choose to remove stocks or futures. You cannot select a basket of stocks to update.

(3) It says I can download intraday data but does it mean intraday data

The data service now only allows time frames of 60, daily, weekly and monthly. We only supply historical data on about 2300 optionable stocks. You can still load 60 minute data on all symbols, but the data that is stored on your hard drive is limited to the 2300.

(4) Does eSignal Wizard work with any other software Programs besides

The eSiganl Wizard data can be converted to ASCII or Technical tools format. We do plan on supporting the MetaStock format in the future.

If you would like more informaiton on this data service and would like to talk to a sales rep on this, you can call 330-645-0077 and talk with Mike K. He will be able to answer any other questions that you may have.

Have a great day!
            Stephen Brumbelow
            Advanced GET Product Manager
            eSignal

Comment

Working...
            X