advance chart line tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advance chart line tools

Is there a way to place a shortcut at the top of an advanced chart so i can automatically pull up the trend lines tool. now i have to right click and chose line tools, is there a quicker way?

Yes, you can turn the Line Bar toolbar on. To do this go to View - Line Bar, this will give you the toolbar with the Trend Channels on it. They are located in the middle of the tool bar.
    Mark

Comment

Use the buttons..

There are buttons available for trend lines. You may not have then visible...

Click on VIEW, then LINE BAR.

There are a set of buttons that allow you to easily draw trend lines on the chart.

Brad
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

thanks for the help, one last advanced chart question. On a daily advanced chart what is the easiest way to change the time frame, right now i'm looking at a daily which stretches back to october, i'd rather have a six or three month view. it is set to dynamic, 0:00-24:00.

Comment

You can setup a Time Frame Template. Change you're settings to:

Type: User Defined
          Interval: D
          # Bars: what every number you're after
          check Bars if you just want a specific number of bars or
          check Days if you want a specific number of days (this one includeds weekends and such so you'll have less bars)

Click Update/Add

Then click Close, you're chart should reflect the changes.
          Mark

Comment

or...

you can leave your time template as is and just...

DRAG left or right (with our mouse pointing to the lower border - the time border - of the chart).

This will expand or contract the chart in front of you - thus allowing you to view as much or as little data as needed - without having to continually change your time template.
            Brad Matheny
            eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

jeddins
              FWIW the same result to what suggested by Brad can be obtained by clicking the Decrease Bar Spacing icon that is in the Advanced Charts Toolbar (it shows two inward facing arrows)
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X