Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDE with Excel

Hi,

I am trying to use WINROS to link Options data. So far, I have been able to open the sample SIGTOOL and input some stock SYM and LAST, HIGH, LOW prices. Where do I find info on how to input - OptionSYM, Strikes, Calls, Puts, with Excel. Any help to point me to the right direction is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Roger,

We should have better examples in that spreadsheet so thanks for pointing that out. We'll do that for the next release.

Since our Options or Futures symbols have spaces in them, to get Excel/DDE to recognize them as a valid symbol, you need to enclose the symbol with single quotation marks i.e. 'IBM HQ' 'ES U3', etc and for options, use the short format.

If you are unsure of the short format for some of your options, one trick is to use the Options Chain feature off the right-click in eSignal and you'll see them all displayed.

Thanks.

Comment

I managed to input some options data. Thanks.

How do I get newer ver of SigTool? The Fintools site knowledgebase shows v2000.3.4 but the one in eSignal installation is v2000.1.3

Thanks.

Comment

Although we install SigTools with eSignal, it's also available directly from FinTools. You can go here to download the current version of SigTools from them.

Thanks to your suggestion, we've updated the sample spreadsheet and are planning to incorporate the new version with the next release of eSignal ( along with this newer version of Sigtools, I'd imagine ).

In case you're curious, the updated sample DDE spreadsheet has been uploaded to the eSignal Samples File Sharing Group.

Thanks.

Comment

I have contacted them about the SigTool download hyperlink error on their site. Could you help?

Thanks

Comment

We'll shoot them an email as well although I really don't think much has changed in the newer version.

Thanks.

Comment

try :

They left the 3 on the end of php..

Comment

New DDE Worksheet/Winros.exe failure

I'm also trying to stream option data into an excel worksheet. I have the new DDE Sample Spreadsheet. When I open it and allow macros to update the data, i get a message that Winros.exe isn't available; I allow it to execute that file and it comes back with an error that Winros.exe is damaged or part of it is missing. Is this a compatability/version issue, or some other problem?

My goal is to set up a spreadsheet with SPX options data streaming in from Esignal, then analyze with Hoadley options excel add-in (which I currently already do with IB data feed but want to switch over to Esignal data feed).

Thank you.

Originally posted by ScottJ
                Although we install SigTools with eSignal, it's also available directly from FinTools. You can go here to download the current version of SigTools from them.

Thanks to your suggestion, we've updated the sample spreadsheet and are planning to incorporate the new version with the next release of eSignal ( along with this newer version of Sigtools, I'd imagine ).

In case you're curious, the updated sample DDE spreadsheet has been uploaded to the eSignal Samples File Sharing Group.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X