Links not up-dating stock Name & Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links not up-dating stock Name & Data

eSignal 7 4, is not updating Stock name & Stock data for all stocks listed in my windows. Worked great with old rev.

Anyone having same problem!

I haven't seen that one. Could you please post a screen shot?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
      I haven't seen that one. Could you please post a screen shot?

Thanks.
      Hi Scott. If I understand him then I've got the same problem and a screenshot isn't possible. It's very simple. I use to be able to double-click a symbol in "Basic 1 - Equities.quo" and it would update my chart(s) with that symbol. That nice feature seem's lost in 7.4 or something new was added that I don't understand how to activate. The link button is checked. Thanks.

Jeff

Comment

Ahhh! Now I think I understand. We improved the linking in 7.4 so you likely need to just update the linking you want and it should work just fine.

Try this: In the charting window, click on the link icon. Now, choose the same color link that is active in your quote window. Then, make sure that's the same linking color used in the symbol box in the upper left. If that doesn't immediately solve it, try experimenting a bit with turning off/on the color-coded linking and you should get it to work just fine.

For a video demonstration of the new linking, check out eSignal University's Video Library for 7.4 enhancements.

Please let me know if you get it working or are still having problems.

Thanks.

Comment

Ahhh! Now I think I understand.
          Thanks.
          Works great, thank you. - Jeff

Comment

Detail Options Window not linking correctley.

I'll try to be more exact. I'm waisting to much time on this.

It's my Detail Options Window. Set up to give company name & other company Info.

Links from all other windows work, except my Detail Options Window.

Some stocK symbols up-date OK, some don't. I had no trouble with old rev. software. Tryed working with color bar.

I went to "Video Libary", but get "Applet npatjava notinited". I'm useing Nescape with DSL line.

Ahhh! Now I think I understand. We improved the linking in 7.4 so you likely need to just update the linking you want and it should work just fine.

Try this: In the charting window, click on the link icon. Now, choose the same color link that is active in your quote window. Then, make sure that's the same linking color used in the symbol box in the upper left. If that doesn't immediately solve it, try experimenting a bit with turning off/on the color-coded linking and you should get it to work just fine.

For a video demonstration of the new linking, check out eSignal University's Video Library for 7.4 enhancements.

Please let me know if you get it working or are still having problems.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up decription but I'm still unable to duplicate what you're describing. If some symbols work, then I would think the linking is set-up correctly and that's not the issue. To avoid any further back and forth, I think it would be best for you to call into Tech Support. If nec, we can set-up a one-on-one Webex session and actually look at your desktop.

Regarding those recordings, you may want to check this other thread for some possible conflicts when trying to view a recording.

Thanks.

Comment

How do I get around this. Went to Webex.com

Meeting Manager for Microsoft®Windows®- MSI Installer
                WebEx.com automatically downloads, installs, and configures Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you start or join a meeting. However, you may choose to download and run the Meeting Manager Installer before starting or joining a meeting. You must have administrator privileges on your computer to use this installer.

Download Meeting Manager Installer for Internet Explorer

Download Meeting Manager Installer for Netscape Navigator

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up decription but I'm still unable to duplicate what you're describing. If some symbols work, then I would think the linking is set-up correctly and that's not the issue. To avoid any further back and forth, I think it would be best for you to call into Tech Support. If nec, we can set-up a one-on-one Webex session and actually look at your desktop.

Regarding those recordings, you may want to check this other thread for some possible conflicts when trying to view a recording.

Thanks.

Comment

Bptkid1,

I'm unclear what you are looking to do. If you are wanting to pre-load the WebEx software prior to the technical support call, then I would suggest going to esignal.webex.com. There really isn't a need to do so, however, as the software is automatically downloaded when needed. Please also make sure you are running a recent version of Netscape or IE.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

One more time. I'll try to be more exact. I'm waisting way to much time on this.

LISTEN!!!!

It's my Detail Options Window.

Got it.

Set up to give Company name & other company Info.

Links from all other windows work, except my Detail Options Window.

Some stock symbols up-date OK, some don't.

Why? Why? One more time. Why?

I had no trouble with the old software.

So far no one has offered any help. Just getting crap like go to video. I have no problem running videos any where on the web. Only here at e-Signal.

Lets leave the video for now. Say it's not working for me.

Now how how do I get my Detail Options Window working, before my next billing cycle.

I'm unclear what you are looking to do. If you are wanting to pre-load the WebEx software prior to the technical support call, then I would suggest going to esignal.webex.com. There really isn't a need to do so, however, as the software is automatically downloaded when needed. Please also make sure you are running a recent version of Netscape or IE. [/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

Bptkid1
                      FWIW I have set up a Quote window with all 500 S&P stocks and a Detail window linked to the same color as the Quote window and have cycled through virtually all the stock symbols without a single problem.

Can you give a few examples of symbols that are not updating in the Detail window?
                      Alex

Comment

Hey Steve Schildhauer

I installed Microsoft Windows XP Professional today. It cost $190.78 on sale.

It now lets me view the videos. I'll take another invitation to a support session if you'll set it up.

Haven't played with eSignal yet. I'll wait till tomorrow.

PS The video needs a up date. That new color bar Icon is missing from the Quote Video.

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                        Bptkid1
                        FWIW I have set up a Quote window with all 500 S&P stocks and a Detail window linked to the same color as the Quote window and have cycled through virtually all the stock symbols without a single problem.

Can you give a few examples of symbols that are not updating in the Detail window?
                        Alex

Comment

Bptkid1,

You can find a list of online classes at https://esignaltraining.webex.com/esignaltraining/
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                          X