Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to copy esignal from pc to pc

hi,
    I'm getting a new pc and would like to copy all my esignal settings to the new box.
    could I ( after installing esignal ) just copy and paste the entire old esignal folder over the new one ?
    going from win2k to xp pro.
    would it cause registry or other problems ?

thanks

Probably not...

If you properly install eSig on the new machine first, then copy~paste the old directory over to the new one, I don't believe you will have any problems.

The only thing that you will probably have to do it SET your default layout after completing the above process.

Let me know how it works.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

so that would work with any software ( from tax software to winamp) ?
      have you ever tried it ?
      if not, how do you transfer settings, info etc. ?

thanks

Comment

Adding to what Brad said, this works for me.

1. Create an eSignal folder on PC2, in the same directory location as on PC1. (can be any location, but using the same location as PC1 keeps all folder names correct in the .ini files)
        2. Install eSignal on PC2. (same build number as on PC1)
        3. Copy all the eSignal folders from PC1 to PC2.
        4. If you want all your PC1 settings to be the same on PC2, copy these three eSignal initialization files from PC1 to PC2: reader.ini, winros.ini, winsig.ini (Found in the operating system main folder (e.g. C:\WINNT)).

If you install eSignal on PC2 in a folder location different than on PC1, you'll have to manually edit folder names in the .ini files to point to the new eSignal folder location.

Comment

thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
          X