The time on future bars on a chart of ES #F=2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time on future bars on a chart of ES #F=2

I have a chart of ES #F=2 so that I see regular trading hours (RTH) only. However, the time template is set for 24 hours. On that chart I have a line that extends off of the right side. I press the right arrow to shift the chart to later times, because I want to see at what time this line will intersect another one. I see that the times of the future bars, those bars that haven't been drawn yet, are not RTH only; in fact, the time on the x-axis continues from the present time into the evening hours. The same problem occurs with a Fibonacci time projection on a chart of ES #F=2.

Only if I also have a time template that specifies 9:30-4:15 does it work as I expect. But then I am unable to use that chart to view 24-hour data without changing the time template back.

Is there a way around this?
    Tom

Tom
    Would it not be easier to use ES #F symbol and restrict the hours by just changing Time Templates?
    The only reason I can see against this solution would be if you want to calculate Pivots or other daily derived values based on the =2 symbol.
    Just an idea.
    Alex

Comment

Alex,
      In the morning I select ES #F so that I can see the overnight activity. Once the day is underway I switch to ES #F=2. Only the 24-hour time template will give me the flexibility to see both.
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X