Something wrong with Newserver???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wrong with Newserver???

I noticed today that I have only 3 headlines in my news ticker window and no new headlines came in the entire session. Normally I have this window streaming with hundreds of headlines. Is there a problem or is there simply no news out there!!!???
    Sajal

Sajal,

I am not aware of any outage on the headlines last night, and I am seeing headlines currently coming through. We have alarms set to notify our Operations staff if headlines are not being received, and if this occurs then that is passed along to our Customer Support Staff. I saw no email last night concerning headlines. A few things that may have caused this...

1) Your connection to the internet dropped.
    2) Your connection to the News Server dropped, or the Data Manager was closed.
    3) There was a PC problem
    4) We did have a problem, and either the alarms didn't go off or there was no notification sent.

Regarding 1, this isn't likely because you were able to connect to our site to post your message. Re: 2, did you see any messages like "No NS" or "No DM"? Re: 3, was there any messages from Windows or the PC during this time? Did you happen to try a reboot?

Please get back to me on the above, so if needed I can investigate the 4th option.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Working...
    X