Critique from a TS User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique from a TS User

items i see that would have to be addressed before i could leave ts and use esignal as a replacement.

I. Main menu items

1.) lack of ability to create a new layout. should be file/new/layout or layout/new layout from the menu. the current layout/page/new page is not intuitive and leaves one to wonder if indeed you are making a page or a layout. in fact layout should be exactly as follows. file/new (new whatever items you can make new, example page, layout, quote, on and on) secondly you need file/open layout. i would eliminate the layout heading completly as it is redundant and confusing. all other layout related items should go under file also. the precanned selectable layouts should be under recent and current layout selections.

2.) the apparent inability to bring a page to the foreground quickly and have it go back to it's original position in the layout. seems once you have a layout the way you want and you choose to blow up some page for a better look there is no way to make that page go back exactly where it was before. nothing under windows heading achieves this. in ts it is a simple double mouse right click to blow up and the same to put back in position. the ability to quickly maneuver thur pages in a layout are essential for an active trader. merely thumbing thru layouts will not replace this critical item.

3.) scanner heading - ts has a built in scanner - it is very disheartening to see a third party scanner under that heading. again scanner should be under the file heading file/scanner eliminating yet one more cluttered item on the main menu. overall the main menu has a cobbled up, added on to look about it and is not well thought out in appearance. anyway scanning should be a standard feature not an add on. i for one do not want to have anything to do with advanced get. i need a more trustworthy scanner with optional user defined studies.

4.) it seems that the tool bars have a mind of their own and they never keep the position specified when opening the application each time. causing much wasted time to relocate back to desired locations.

II. Quote page items

1.) a good feature would be to have the columns drag and drop to the locations desired. looks as if its fixed now - no way to rearrange anything other than delete everything and build from scratch. this trial and error method of doing it waste time.

III. Charting items

IV. Miscellaneous items

V. Data manager items

other critique to be posted as evaluation continues.

Thank You,
    Mark Brown

Last edited by markbrown; 08-26-2003, 08:09 AM.

Mark

i would eliminate the layout heading completly as it is redundant and confusing

If you want you can already do that now by going to File->Preferences then selecting the Page & Layouts tab and unchecking "Show Layout Menu in Top Level".

At that point you would be using only Pages which is at the same level as Layouts in the directory tree.
    The main difference between the two is that Pages is a single file even when it contains multiple windows whereas Layouts is made of multiple windows each one saved independently.

Alex

NB. This reply does not imply disagreement or otherwise with your critique, just an FYI on items that may already be available.

Comment

Working...
    X