X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibonacci Retracement

Is it possible to change the 1 and 0 start/stop lines from being
    drawn in black? I use black as my chart background color and cannot see these lines/values.

This makes it difficult to accurately anchor these points, especially the 0 finish point since it must usually be pulled to the right in a chart so the values can be seen clearly overlaying the future price movement.
    Moving the cursor with out a line attached to the peak of a candle as a guide will always insure an INACCURATE reading.

I also cannot find an option to turn these values (start and finish) on/off or change their color from the fib properties box either.

I agree that they should NOT be turned off but how about an option to change their color so users with dark colored chart backgrounds can see them?

Bright charts are hard on my eyes
    and make my monitors run hotter anyway.

Brian
    Attached Files

Here is the same chart with a black background the way all my charts are.

Brian
    Attached Files

Comment

You can specifically list 0 and 1 in the properties of the reteracement tool and pick a color that will show up on the black background.

Settings Image

Retracement On Chart

Comment

Thanks Todd,

I never thought about changing and activating unused values to create the ones I needed, that solution works fine, but .........

the Fib values I changed must still be color/value readjusted and activated for EACH one of the 4 Fib tools available in eSignal.

Since many users might not know which values to dump/rename and color in each Fib tool ...... I'd like to suggest that the 0 and 1 color/value parameters be ADDED to the Fib properties box in future releases.

Brian

Comment

That's a good idea and I'll talk to Matt about it.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Fibonacci Retracement'

Todd
            While the solution of setting the 0.00 and 1.00 values in the Properties of
            the Fib Tool works with Retracements it does not work with Extensions. This
            is because the Extension Tool has a third line (which I will call the
            Measurement line) the color of which is set to black as a default and cannot
            be changed by any setting.
            A possible solution is to have a single setting for the 0.00, 1.00 and
            Measurement lines that is done in the same way of the gray lines in the Time
            And Price Attributes or Gann Box. It would also be nice if there were an
            On/Off button as in the other two tools mentioned.
            This solution would not take up any values in the settings of either the Fib
            Retracement or Extension and would allow those who use different color
            backgrounds to select in one click the color of the Anchor lines for the Fib
            tools. It would also allow those like me to turn the anchor lines off.
            Alex

Comment

Following my prior message attached is an image showing the attributes of the other two Line Tools I mentioned
              Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

Any chance of the 0 and 1 levels being added to the Fib Tools by the 7.2 Gold release ?

Comment

Seems this still isn't fixed in 7.3
                  The 0 and 1 anchor points/ lines really need to be added as color adjustable values for those of us using black as a background chart color.

Comment

Can someone say if this will be addressed in 7.4 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X