Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Add Index Components to a Quote Window

Hello,

I would like to add the index componets of the SPX, DJIA and NASDAQ 100 indicies to a quoate window. How can I easily accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Chip Atchison

Chip
    You can find Quote files with the components already compiled by clicking here.
    Those were last updated by me on 7/31 and I believe there has been only one change in the S&P500 since then with MHS replacing MDR.
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thank you very much. The information was very critical to my scanning proceedure. I scan some of those stocks every night. I don't know how I could have compiled the list manaull, w/o suffering a huge dent into my geek ego which says I should have a fancier way of generating the quote window than manualing enter the stocks

FWIW, I immediately removed all stocks with volume less than 2m shares a day. Then I selected the stocks produce reliable trading patterns given a reasonable amount of time. So out of 630 stocks, know there are many duplicates between the indicies, I trimmed my scanning lists to about 60. More importantly, I put the other 200 or so stocks into 4 quote windows that I review periodically for reliable trading patterns.

So thanks again,

Chip Atchison

Comment

Chip
        You are most welcome.
        For future use you can Cut and Paste lists of symbols from any ascii file into a Quote window. You only need to ensure that the symbols are in a single column and there is a carriage return after each symbol.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex.. i also found your work here helpful too.
          Just downloaded and saved the quote pages. Thanks. -marc
          Marc

Comment

Working...
          X