adding volumes in a quote window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding volumes in a quote window

If I have a Quote Window with a list of stocks from an index and their volumes. How can I add the volumes together to get a total volume for all the stocks in the list and thus for the index?

Thanks

Joseph
    AFAIK that cannot be done
    Alex

Comment

Ok, Can you tell me how to do it with Excel? Or point me in the right direction. I tried to use the example in the helpfile but WinRos didn't work.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Joseph,

Alex is correct that you can't currently create formulas or "add" columns in a Quote Window. We are introducing a new, redesigned Quote window when we release 8.0 and I think you'll see lots of new functionality along these lines. We hope to get 8.0 out by the end of the year.

In terms of DDE, make sure you've got eSignal up and running when you start using Excel. You can then access the Excel Sample via the eSignal sub-directory. You can find more info in our DDE FAQ section.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott,

I did try that and excel says Winross is not started. When I click yes to start Excel says WinRoss or one of its components is damaged or missing.

After that I installed the newest esig version and got the same messages.

What might be wrong?

Thanks

Comment

If you are sure that eSignal is up and running OK, then I'm not sure why you're getting an error message. You might want to reboot and start over by bringing-up eSignal first, then the Excel sample. If you still get error messages, please contact Technical Support directly.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, I tried that. I'm still getting the problem.

I will contact support. Thanks anyway for your fast responses.

Comment

Volume on Index chart?

How do I get Historic Volume on an index chart?

I have tried $SPX, $NYA, etc; I cannot display the historic volume information along with the historic OHLC data.

Obviously I can achieve this on stock data, why not indices?.

Thank again for all your good work on this forum, if it was not for you guys I would have switched to another stock program.

Regards,

AB

Comment

Hi AB

I don't believe there is volume data on a cash index. To view the volume you would have to look at a futures contract.
                  The reason is you can't buy or sell a cash index

HTH

Comment

@ FTSE Beater

Hello back at you FB,

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps you can help further ?

I have historical volume for S&P500, Nasdaq and FTSE100 on another program (Share Scope).

I thought these indices tracked the constituants and that there was cumulative volume for all its constituants for that day.

Also there is a $TVOL for the Nasdaq Composite.

I is right confused,

AB

Comment

Hi AB

Your confused? I can't even get volume up on Sharescope for the indicies
                      I am running an old version of SS though

I can understand what your trying to display, but I can't find a way of doing it.
                      Sorry

Comment

Thanks anyway

FB, FYI,

I have only ever used ShareScope version 3.52. I can get volume data on all 117 quoted indices (UK, US and International), also, it looks like in excess of 50 various Treasury Bills - ALL WITH VOLUME.

Toodle pip,

AB

Comment

Working...
                        X