Fib Tool Magnet doesn't work on Euro FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fib Tool Magnet doesn't work on Euro FX

It seems that the Fib Tools will not correctly snap to the closest Hi/Lo when used on a chart of the Euro Fx (EC #F or 6E #F).

The starting point will snap to a round number such as 85000 or 86000 only, nothing in between.
    Antonios Hadjigeorgalis
    Baltimore, MD

I am looking at a monthly chart, Feb 02 the low was 85490 or 85.490

I am using 7.4 build 608
    Antonios Hadjigeorgalis
    Baltimore, MD

Comment

Antonios
      Using build 608 here and it seems to be snapping to the Low in both EC and 6E contracts.
      Alex

Comment

Here is a copy of my chart. When trying to place the Fib tool, it just automatically snaps to a round number instead of the hi or lo.

Any ideas what could cause this?
        Attached Files
        Antonios Hadjigeorgalis
        Baltimore, MD

Comment

Hi,

I tried your example here and it seems to function properly. (build 606)

Have you experimented with the Magnet sensitivity setting? To do so, right click on the Magnet icon and enter different values. Try a setting of 1, the lowest sensitivity. Another idea, expand the chart to maximum, zoom in as much as possible, then reapply the application. This can help when attempting great accuracy.
          Attached Files
          Marc

Comment

I am using end of day data so I'll have to check tonight. But the magnet sensitivity was set to 4. I assume this will solve the problem.

Thanks.
            Antonios Hadjigeorgalis
            Baltimore, MD

Comment

If it does not solve your anomoly, a lower Magnet setting allows the cursor closer to the data bar with less effort. It should help. If your problem still exists, tech support would ask what data format you use so they can attempt a duplication.
              Marc

Comment

Antonios
                While awaiting a reply from eSignal one thing I would try is to go in the eSignal directory and Move the default.ach file to another location (don't Delete it).
                Then open a new Advanced Chart and see if the problem persists.
                If it does not then it could be that you had a corrupted default Advanced Chart.
                Alex

Comment

I lowered the magnet sensitivity to 1 and it still didn't work.

This problem occurs on all currency futures charts, not just Euro FX. All other markets work fine.
                  Antonios Hadjigeorgalis
                  Baltimore, MD

Comment

Antonios
                    Did you try what I suggested?
                    Alex

Comment

Yes, I tried moving the default.ach file and opening a new window. Same result fib works fine on other contracts but not on the currency contracts
                      Antonios Hadjigeorgalis
                      Baltimore, MD

Comment

Working...
                      X