Ecn Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecn Bug

In the ARCA book on the market depth screen, when the bid or ask size is >100,000 the left most digit is not displayed.

You can see this using QQQ as a symbol & comparing to the ECN book on the www.tradearca.com site.

Could a fix be implemented quickly for this?

seeing a number in esginal like 5,000 on a bid size is much different than 105,000 which could be the actual number.

Looking at it further, it doesn't appear to truncate, but show some other meaningless number.

Bid or Ask sizes over 99,999 do not show correctly.

Comment

Hi n23mc,

I forwarded this to our QA people with a request for information on any known issues regarding this situation. I've been looking at this today and while I didn't have anything handy at the moment to compare it to, I did not see any apparent problems. I went to the link you posted, but could not find from there an access to this information.

When I hear back from QA, I'll update the post. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
      Andy

Comment

Andy,

Just click on the book link on the right hand side of the page. Call up a symbol like QQQ, and look at what Esignal's ECN book shows when the sizes are over 100,000. Esignal displays a shortened number which could leave one in a bad state when thinking the size is small when it's actually huge.

Comment

Hi n23mc,

O.K., I have duplicated what you have seen. Prior to duplicating this, I received back word that there's no known bugs of this nature reported.

This is being looked at further and I'll report back what we find.

Regards,
          Andy

Comment

Hi n23mc,

O.K., I have the answer. Arca has gone to a new feed, called ITCH. We have not yet converted over to that feed. It's on the projects list to be completed. I do not know at this time when that will be done.

Regards,
            Andy

Comment

thanks for the reply.

I hope it gets updated very soon.

Seeing 1,000 on the ask side, when it's actually 101,000 can be extremely costly financially when trading.

Comment

Working...
              X