Symbol Limitation Problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Limitation Problem!

In order to avoid time wasting guesses Please respond to this only if you are absolutely certain that you know the answer otherwise it is a waste of time to try speculative solutions from those who are not Qualified eSignal employees.

from the picture i see that the data manager is referencing a 1200 symbol limit yet i have a 500 symbol limit. if the data manager is penalizing me for previously viewed symbols somehow this renders the software useless completely.

i thought the symbol limit was total being broadcast not a CUMULATIVE HISTORICAL ACCOUNT OF THE SYMBOLS VIEWED!

mark

ps as you can see there are not 500 symbols there - do have ts2000i running with about 50 symbols but that should not have any impact on this problem. i have no other applications using eSignal.

so basically if data manager holds in memory what you looked at and counts that against your symbol limit even though you are not looking at the symbols now - and you have to restart the data manager to correct this flaw. eSignal is USELESS as far as Options are concerned. I WILL BE ASKING FOR A CREDIT BACK for the additional 75.00 a month i was charged.

I just increased my symbol limit from 200 to 500 and I still hit symbol limits when just trying too pull up 10 strike prices of Crude Oil options. This is repeated on many commodities such as Bonds etc.

Down in the chart window is says 500 symbols yet they is only one chart of Crude Oil. So there MUST be a bug or something.

If I can not get this resolved I would like to ask that eSignal put me back to 200 symbols and not continue to bill me for this whole new billing cycle. I think that would be unfair that you would charge me for something your software can not perform.

I CAN REPLICATE THIS PROBLEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I thought paying you yet more money to increase the symbol limit would solve my problem - looks like I may have not had a problem in the first place it is a eSignal software problem.

mark

Part 2 It does not matter how much you try and filter the Options you get 500 symbols limit.
    Attached Files

The 1200 limit reference is something coming from the old Signal Broadcast symbol limit. Please disregard that reference as it has no bearing on eSignal.

The symbol limit is measured by the total number of symbols being followed by the Data Manager (DM). You can see a list of what symbols are being followed by the DM by clicking on Data --> Symbols. If you are going over your Symbol Limit, then either the Global Server, eSignal, other 3rd party software, or a combination of the 3 are causing the limit to be reached.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

i knew that - thanks -BUT!

does the data manager have a memory? it seems that it accumulates the symbols you understand?

read the post i made with some attention to detail and you will see the problem.

i have tried some options - well look at the screen shot can you explain it? HOW CAN THERE BE LESS THAN 500 SYMBOLS THERE AND YET IT SAYS IT'S OVERLOADED?

ts2000i only has 148 symbols in it and of those only 50 or so are connected.

so i have total with both esignal 7.x and ts a total of 100 symbols yet your software says 500 -

it say 500 everytime i try a symbol for options yet i have the option filtered way down.
      Last edited by markbrown; 09-02-2003, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Mark,

I did read your post in detail, however your screenshot did not display the whole eSignal window. I had to go off of the notion that something else either in eSignal or a 3rd party software is filling up the symbol limit.

After discussing this with a few of my colleagues, there is a bug where on occasion a filtered Options Window will take up more symbols then it should. Can you post a screenshot of your Options Properties Dialog box, so we can try to duplicate this?
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X