My studies in Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My studies in Excel

I have looked at your sample spreadsheets, but I didn't find what I am looking for.

It would be great to have the most recent values of my basic studies in eSignal available in Excel too.

Instead of just downloading the available LAST, PREV, HIGH values etc., I would like to tap the "Data Export" on a real-time basis and link it with Excel.

What I am up to is basically getting things like the 5 minute $TICK range, the MA (10,C) for 5mins ES #F etc. into Excel.

Is there any way to do that?

twedler1,

The short answer is that this would be difficult to do with Excel and eSignal.

The long answer answer is that it is the Data Manager (DM) that Excel is getting the data from, and it is eSignal that does all the study calculations. Because of this, there isn't a method for accessing the study calculations from eSignal to Excel. The only way I can think of doing this is by programming the MA and other tools with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), a programming language that comes with Excel.

If anyone else has any other solutions for twedler, please assist.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

twedler1
      You may want to look at the other sigtools created by Montgomery Investment and specifically eSigTools.
      For more information click here
      Alex

Comment

twedler1,

You could also write the values you want to view in excel to a text file using an efs. Open the text file in excel (as read only) and have the efs write the data to the file each tick/change.

That should work just fine.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
        X