Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limiting Prices in the GCW to cents

Hello,

I can't find a way to limit the prices displayed to dollars and cents in the Global Cursor Window (GCW). I sometimes get tenths and hundreds of cents displayed. Any suggestions???

thanks in advance,

chipper338

Try This...

formatPriceNumber(close());

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hi Chipper,

We've had sporadic problems of late with our Specs.tab file which may cause what your seeing.

Check this post and do the steps it outlines to see if that corrects your problem.

Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,
      Andy

Comment

Partial Success

Hi Andy,

The fix worked partially and limited the OHLC to two digits. Is there a way to limit all prices in the GCW, including the cursor pice and the moving average prices?

Thanks,
        Chip

Comment

Hi Chipper,

I'm not sure what you mean by partially. Are some in dollars and cents and others in hundreths? Is that 2 digits beyond the decimal?

Also not sure what you mean by limiting the prices on moving avg's, etc. Are you asking if you can remove these from displaying? If so, you can by hovering the cursur over the cursor window box of the actual chart, right click, then uncheck the desired indicators you want to remove from the list.

What type of symbols are you looking at within your various charts? Are they futures, forex, stock (NYSE or NASD)?

Thanks,
          Andy

Comment

Limitiing the Prices in the GCW to Dolars and Cents

Hi Andy,

Good question. Yes, I would like to limit all prices in the GCW to dollars and cents. Right now only the OHLC prices are displayed in dollars and cents.

The GCW still displays the price of the cursor and the moving averages with more digits. For example, I can place my cursor on the closing price of PSFT and I get 19.3467. My moving averages also display at 18.328, 17.9638, 17.4393 and 17.4033.

Display the prices the nearest $ and cents that would be great!

Thanks,

Chip

Comment

Chip
              In addition to Andy's suggestion you may want to try the following.
              In the main menu select File->Preferences and in the Preferences dialog box uncheck "Show Full precision for Price".
              Alex

Comment

It Worked!!

Hey that worked like a charm!

All prices are limited to dollars and cents!!

Thanks again,

Chipper338

Comment

Working...
                X