Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages

What is the difference between a page and a layout?

The main difference with Pages is that all windows, their settings, and position is saved in one file. As opposed to the Layout which only saves the position of the windows, and the windows are saved as separate files. During the weekly New User Training classes I run, I always suggest to new users to use Pages as they are much simpler to use. There's further functionality available to Pages as well such as Automatic Page Rotation and the Next Page / Previous Page buttons. To see these in action, please check out the Pages Lesson listed under What's New in 7.4 Videos.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

JayF,
      Actually one of my complaints has been the messy file structure, so having one file is a giant step forward. However, rotating pages is slower than using a linked quote screen. Since eSignal saves the lines and notes for each chart, keeping a list of issues in a quote screen works faster. perhaps the performance issue is a result of the number of windows I have: 5 charts, 3 quotes, 1 detail and 1 portfolio. (BTW if I also load up IB performance goes to hell with this config)

Comment

If I may, I'd like to suggest that esignal provide the ability to "Load" multiple pages in memory so that we can easily flip back and forth without having to wait for pages to reload, like Workspaces in TS. I track several different markets in multiple timeframes and it's cumbersome to wait for a complete reload of market data when switching pages.

Thanks,
        K.

Comment

I'd like to add that you should only see and be able to scroll or "Page" through "Opened" pages, not ones stored on disk, and there should be a "Close" page option to unload pages from memory.

Thanks
          k

Comment

Working...
          X