Arrows and Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrows and Symbols

I sure hope your next version will have the capability of entering arrows and other symbols on charts. I thought this would have been a common feature.

Dominick

drawShape can place a lot os symbols on the chart now.

Comment

Dominick
      In addition to what suggested by David one can use drawText and have access to the whole universe of symbols in the Wingding fonts. These are also available for manual drawing using the Text Tool.
      Alex

Comment

Here is a sample of wingdings using text icon:
        Attached Files
        Marc

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRinehart
          Here is a sample of wingdings using text icon:
          Thanks for the reply. I previously talked with Randy,(live rep), who said Esignal does not have the arrow options yet.

Also in text font I have just Wingdings listed, not Wingdings 2 and 3. How do I access drawshapes or drawtext and how do I get the additional Winddings.

TIA,

Dominick

Comment

Hi Dominick,

You may wish to do a search on the internet and see if you can find any fonts you can download. For example, I did a search using Google for "free Wing Ding fonts" and it came up with results.

Honestly don't know about drawShape but suspect searching that subject too can generate you some good results.

Hope this helps. -marc
            Marc

Comment

Dominick
              drawShape and drawText are efs functions.
              Alex

Comment

What's the step-by-step procedure to display an arrow on a chart using the Text icon? I did it, but it just seems to be a real long way to go about it. (couldn't find anything on the topic in Help) Is this it, or is there an easier way? :

1. Click on the advanced chart where the arrow is to be displayed.
                2. Click on Text icon. (Thumbtack on the line toolbar).
                3. Click on Font, and select font. (e.g Wingdings or Wingdings 3 for arrows)
                4. Set font color, style, and size. Click OK. (now there's a black box with no character set to select from).
                5. So, open up another application that displays a character set:
                Open Windows Character Map (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map)
                6. Set the character map to the Wingdings or Wingdings 3 font (whichever was selected as the eSignal text font).
                7. Select and copy the arrow character.
                8. Return to the eSignal Text box, and right-click > paste in the black area.
                9. Click OK.
                10. Move the cursor on the chart to where the character is to be placed. Click to set the character in place.

Once set, to move the character on the chart, move it as if moving a trendline.

Comment

Working...
                X