DDE number converted incorrectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDE number converted incorrectly

I'm using DDE in Excel and when viewing Gold options (GC), the price is off by 10... i.e. the price is 10 times too large. Other prices convert correctly, but this is causing havoc with the spreadsheet I'm trying to build.

Also, is there some compelling reason that prices within eSignal are listed without decimals? It's confusing to some of my more novice customers.

Hi Tubaboy,

I checked a few things with DDE and gold options, all seem fine on the surface. I don't know what exactly you were looking at, so I'm hard pressed to duplicate. Could you email me or post the symbol(s) you have in the DDE link?

As for the decimals. I don't have a really good answer for you, as this goes back a ways. However, it appears part of that make up was based somewhat in tradition to how Futures traders view the data. My understanding is many old style data services / brokerages do not use decimals.

Regards,
    Andy S.
    eSignal Support

Comment

FWIW with regards to the decimals issue, many exchanges themselves don't quote prices with decimals.
      An example is the CME that quotes prices in integers on its own Globex terminals as you can see in the attached image of Globex book for ESH3 and QMF3
      Alex
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X