Performance Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Issues

Is anyone having problems running both eSignal and IB's TraderWorkstation?

I have an Athlon 1.2 ghz, 512 MB, Matrox G400 w/dual monitors, and 4mb Internet connection. But running both programs brings this system to its knees. I suspect the problem is Java hogging the CPU.

I would be interested in what kind if HW others are using and how well it performs.

Another user had this issue earlier this week or last and they had a LOT of old lines on the charts?

Do you draw lines by any chance?

Comment

My line list shows only 4 user lines but there are several EFS that draw lines: Auto Fib, Auto MOB, Auto Ellipse and BidAsk.

I have several quote windows, a detail window and a portfolio window plus 5 Advanced Charts. 1 main ACH with various indicators, including some EFS studies and 4 smaller charts for different time frames. (the OS is XP Pro) I used to have a lot more open but have been trying with less stuff to no avail. The problem seems to get worse as the day wears on, but especially if I launch TraderWorkStation.

Comment

Try the Task manager

If you are having performance problems, perhaps the task manager can help.

Select the eSignal process and increase the priority by right-clicking on the process and raising the priority to above normal or even real time.

Remember to do the same for the data manager.

Good luck,

Chip

Comment

watch out for extra lines in chart

Be sure that your advanced charts don't have too many annotations or drwn lines in them. I had cpu saturation, and it was simply due to about 200 line segments which were not visible in the chart, thanks to JayF for supporting me in finding the problem. My performance problems went away, and I am very happy with esignal's performance now.

Comment

lines in adv charts

is there a way to automatically clear out the old lines due to their age? i have the cpu problem and think this might go some way to helping me out.

Comment

Hi Jeddins,

You can right click on the chart and then click on 'Line Tools' then 'line List', there you can set up an automatic warning with the number of lines and the age as well.
              At this moment it is not possible to clear them automatically.

Thanks,

Comment

i hate to be thick but i see line tools but not a subheading under that with line list

Comment

If you don't have lines on this chart then the line list will be grey (inactive).
                  Are you on 7.4?

Comment

Working...
                  X