Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study tab keeps showing 'Loading Data'

Small issue, but annoying:

when I change the symbol to which a chart is linked (adding a new one to a quote sheet for example), very often the title on the tab keeps showing 'loading data' for some of the indicators (see attachment).

When I go to 'edit studies' and just click 'ok' without changing anything, everything goes back to normal.

Looks like a small bug to me.

Edo.
    Attached Files

Yes, I think it's a display bug because it looks like the data is completely in before the loading data message disappears. We'll need to look into it.

Thank you,

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Study tab keeps showing 'Loading Data''

Edo
      In the mean time you might want to see if setting "all formulae to compute
      on Close" and/or loading a fixed number of bars/days might make a difference
      because I am not having that problem with the same indicators.
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Changing the EFS settings to 'compute on close' doesn't solve the issue.

I am not sure what you mean with 'loading a fixed number of bars/days'. I have created a time template of 250 days and applied it to the chart. This doesn't change anything.

The problem seems to occur only when starting up eSignal. After the 'edit studies-->ok' tick, I am not able to reproduce it again.

Edo.

Comment

Edo

I am not sure what you mean with 'loading a fixed number of bars/days'. I have created a time template of 250 days and applied it to the chart. This doesn't change anything.

That is what I meant ie having a Time Template with fixed number of days/bars rather than using the 'Dynamic' setting.

Anyhow now that you say it happens on startup I see the same problem. I thought you meant on every change of symbol with eSignal open.

Alex

Comment

That's what I thought happened, but now it seems that it is only on startup.

Thx!

Edo.

Comment

WHat version are you running? I used to see this problem on one of the beta's, but it went away sometime. I'm not sure which release fixed it for me, but 519 fixed it for sure (for me).
              Garth

Comment

Using build 519 here also and while the "loading data" does not show on the tab once the app is open it will show if there are certain efs[s] on startup.
                Alex

Comment

519 here.

Comment

Seems this small but annoying issue is still with us in 7.3 build 588.
                    I am using no custom efs and have found the loading data appears upon 1st starting eSignal. The opening of edit studies w/o making any changes seems to eliminate the loading data message. While not using a fixed number of days in my time template I do use RTH central time.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X