Fib Retracement Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fib Retracement Tool

Is there a way to suppress the display of the percent & values in the Fib Ret. tool? If not... does eSignal provide the ability to create customer drawing tools and/or incorporate "add-on" drawing tools.

Thank you in advance,
    Kim

Have you tried right clicking on the Fib Ret tool icon, or right clicking
    while highlighting a Fib Ret line already drawn? This will display the
    menu where you can toggle on or off a value, or edit a new value.

Do the same with the pencil icon and it allows you some additonal
    types of line you can play with.

Not sure if this fully answers or addresses your questions.

Let me know if this helps though.
    Marc

Comment

retracement & drawing tools

Hi Kim,

I don't think so. That's a good idea for development. Same with fib circle tool . Maybe an easy improvement other than adding an enable/disable text box, may be separate color selection boxes for lines and percentile text, then you could white-out text w/ background when desired.

How about fib triangles ,squares arches & eclipses? Many geomentric shapes are needed in drawing tools IMO. Being able to project in fibonacci or eights or whatever would be nice. How about an editable text line describing the percent/price line, enable text or add your own comment?

After you draw your fibonacci lines you can use the fib-extention tool or just overlap ray lines and remove fib-ret text lines.

I'm sure drawing tools is an area developers are working on?

PS: disable un-needed fib lines or use very light colors if not important to reduce clutter.

~j

Last edited by JJordan; 09-22-2003, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Fib Retracement tool

Thanks a lot for your prompt and comprehensive replies. I look forward to the development team included new, other & enhanced drawing tools. Until then i just might be able to live with seeing the values on the charts

Cordially,
        Kim

Comment

JJordan-- your comments are excellent. I just sent in last week some of the ideas you mentioned for development. If you also would like to see some of these tools added to the eSignal program, please send in your ideas to the following new email address: [email protected]

Be as detailed as necessary to illustrate an idea. If possible, create an illustration in a paint program to visually explain how these tools could work if developed. The developers are VERY responsive to excellent ideas such as these. Sometimes a good visualization of an idea can also help. Anything that supports an idea is helpful. These would be excellent new tools to use someday.

Kim, one idea-- take a Fib Ret and apply, add a horizontal pencil line overtop a fib numbered line, delete the fib. Use the line as a reference. If needed, change the color of the line and use the text icon to type any reference information to that line. Is one way I work around this type of concern.
          Marc

Comment

Just a very quick illustration of what I and JJordan might be referring to below, if it can help........ mr
            Attached Files
            Marc

Comment

Fib Retracement Tool

Yea - thanks for the recommendation on drawing on top of and then removing the fib lines. Unfortunately, the way I use these fib lines (support/resistance lines) in intraday trading, require me to move and re-meassure continuosly throughout the day.

The way I get around it today is by extending the meassurment beyond the hard right edge, thereby pushing the numbers beyond the charts. Hey... it works

Thx again for your recommendations.

Kind Regards,
              Kim

Comment

hey Kim, you just gave me another idea... how about an FIB RET "Auto Extend" feature... where lines are continued into perpetuity once calculated until removed? Lot's of good ideas come from a need being expressed in these forums. Thanks!

One more idea.. say you are trading the 5 minute Fib Ret, have you ever tried re-issuing the chart to say a 15 or 30 minute, redo the calculation, then re-issue it back to the shorter time frame? When you do this it should have longer Fib lines that will grow into the setup better with more data? Just thinking outloud.
                Marc

Comment

Working...
                X