Tick volume bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick volume bars

Is the volume in "Tick volume bars" exactly equal between bars? I am currently not using esignal but looking at some of the examples this doesn't seem to be the case. For it to be exactly equal often a tick must be split between bars. If the chart shows 5000V bars and the last bar contain a volume of 4800 and a new tick with 500 V arrives this tick could be in both this bar and the following ie increasing the first bar with 200V and the next bar with 300V. The price of this tick would be in both bars.

This would be advantageous when some ticks are very large as otherwise volume could vary substantialy between bars. I think this is how CQG implements their "constant volumbe bars"

It is not equal

For the emini if you have your chart set to a 5000v bar and the bar has 4999 trades out of 5000 and the next trade is 250 contracts the bar will end at 5249 and the next bar will start.

Comment

Would it be possible to implement this, maybe as an option? It seems to be the correct solution. It would be especially valuable if one chooses av low number for the volume in the volume bars.

Comment

FWIW TradeStation 2000i does not split the trades either as shown in the chart below where the trade volume bars are set for 1000 contracts
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X