Problems with daily bars in FX symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with daily bars in FX symbols

I follow the FX markets. Symbols such as JPY A0-FX. The typical day is considered from 5PM NY to 4:59PM NY. I thought all I had to do was change the time template on the chart and all would be fine. I have done that and it seems as if at 6PM, I lose one day's bar, I think until midnight when it miraculously reappears. Is there anyway to force the daily bar to switch to the next day at 5PM my time and not lose the bar temporarily? Thanks

Hi Sposer,

It appears that you are looking at a daily chart, in which case time templates do not apply. Are you saying that at 6pm NY time, the current's day bar disappears? I won't be able to test this today, being Friday, but will look into Monday afternoon.

As for creating an new bar for the next day starting at 6pm est, this has been suggested as a feature enhancement, but as yet has not been placed on the current production list.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Problems with daily bars in FX symbols

It looks like the daily bar disappears for a while. I do not remember now if that happens at 5PM or 6PM, but it goes away and then reappears I guess at mid-night I assume (but I have not stayed up for that).

Yes, I am looking for FX chart daily bars to start at 5PM EST. This is really also needed, if it is not already, for thing like the ES futures and any other 24-hour market. This is a very important improvement (along with being able to read the value of a trendline off the cursor which I know has been suggested already).

Comment

if you check in over the weekend...

Take a look at EUR A0-FX. Friday's daily bar is dropped. The bar for 10/3/2003 is just a tiny blip. If you look at the intraday data, it is all there, but the information does not show up on the daily.

Comment

Working...
        X