intraday data and old futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intraday data and old futures

Just a question for the moderator. I noticed our intraday data is about 60 days worth. I wanted to analyze my august and september activity, but I am not able to pull up es u2 data or any equities data prior to 10.02... i suppose this is a current limitation. However, is there anyway to load the data from excel, obtained thru another site like ashkon.com?

Re: Reply to post 'intraday data and old futures'

While someone from eSignal or this forum replies to your question.

I am not able to pull up es u2 data or any equities data prior to
    10.02... i suppose this is a current limitation
    60 days of intraday data is currently the maximum offered by eSignal,
    however, that is going to change sometime in Q1 2003 when eSignal will
    increase the availability to one year's worth of intraday data further
    extending it - as time goes by - to a maximum of two years.
    Tick data available for the eSignal application will remain at 10 days
    while tick data downloadable with third party apps will remain at the
    current limit of 60 days.
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 12-28-2002, 06:30 AM.

Comment

If you want to collect your own databases of historical data, especially for intraday and tickdata, may I kindly recommend QCollector for eSignal? http://www.mechtrading.com/qcollector/esignal/index.htm .

(I have no relation to this company, except that I have bought their product).

Edo.

Comment

Problem seeing Historic Intraday Tick data

Alex ,

I am unable to see more than 2 days of Tick data (I am on build 519 of Beta) . I am looking at 55T chart . I add a 5 day time template Refresh using the CTRL key over the Cursor Window . It sats Receiving data but I still only see the data I start with 1 day and if I am lucky 2 days . If I can get this working to see the 10 days of data you mention , if I use a 3rd party application to pull in more data (DynaLoader for example) is there a limitation in the chart software that will not allow me to see beyond 10 days of Tick data ?

Thanks

Comment

Bill, This is pretty simple. In my experience, you just go to your general tab in properties for the time and sales data and select 10 for the drop down box which currently says 2. My question to Alex would be whether esignal supports any offline activities. E.g. I want to use qcollector pro to download data and go thru charts while I'm at my day job or at the cafe.. argh.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks !

Well I got my 10 days of Tick data now on my Advanced Charts but what I find frustrating Alex is that many things in Advanced Charts are not intuitive . To get the required amount of data on an Advanced chart I needed to open am old-fashioned eSignal chart and request data through it . A capability as simple as this should be on the Advanced chart properties somewhere . On to my next problem with Advanced charts ... Backtesting

Comment

Wow, could a more none intuitive and ridiculous way of controling the amount of data our Advanced charts receive be concieved? Adv. controlled by basic.

Thank you plf58 for supplying an answer I've been wanting for many weeks.

Your method seems to work fine ,I leave a time and sales linked window behind by linked tick chart and all is as it should have been.

If you don't mind telling us, just how did you figure this one out?

Brian

Comment

plf58

My question to Alex would be whether esignal supports any offline activities. E.g. I want to use qcollector pro to download data and go thru charts while I'm at my day job or at the cafe.. argh
                I am not sure as to what you are asking ie if you can download data with a third party app such as qcollector and then use that data with the eSignal application or if you can download the data and then use some other app to plot it.

If the former, I understand that there is a way to have Advanced Charts read external ascii files through some formula, but I do not know how. Garth (aka gspiker) is the one I would talk to about this.
                If instead you are asking whether one can collect data yes that is very easy to do with qcollector even with tick data. Qcollector in fact has some very neat features that allow you - for example - to collect the raw ticks and then build tick bars out of it. Once you have tick bars you can then use a variety of apps that will read and plot it. The one I use when I am not at my main computer is Wavewise as it can read pretty much anything and is very articulate in its formula language. Also, it is very inexpensive at $80/year lease.

If any of the above does not answer your question please let me know

Alex
                Last edited by ACM; 12-30-2002, 07:56 AM.

Comment

billmini

but what I find frustrating Alex is that many things in Advanced Charts are not intuitive
                  While I agree that that there are aspects of the application that are not intuitive - due to the fact that some components are still from the older versions - I also believe eSignal is in a transition phase and it only a question of time before it will port all these components to the "Advanced" version.

A capability as simple as this should be on the Advanced chart properties somewhere
                  It will be once the Time Templates will be implemented with Tick charts. Having said that even if the chart loaded only a couple of days you should be able to request more data by scrolling backwards.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X