Weird looking Japanese candles in Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird looking Japanese candles in Esignal

I have had the chance to look at many Japanese candlestick charts and software charts, but the weirdest looking candles of all are the Esignal ones.
    Even when choosing thin candle wicks in the settings, the candles still do have these abnormaly long wicks or shadows compared to other charts. This makes is almost impossible to really look for nice canlde patterns.
    Am I the only person having these problems or is this an issue with Esignal?

Tekunda,

Every vendors candles look a bit different, and to me eSignals is well within a normal looking range (and I have seen some odd ones with other packages).

Can you post a image of what you are seeing? That may help determine if you are seeing something abnormal with eSignal.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

Tekunda

For what can be add to the complete Garth's answer, I have CQG on side today and on Gold or $SPX I do not see any major difference. By major I intend "so intense to mislead in the patterns interpretations" .

Though Garth's advice is the best : post an esig chart vis a vis a snap shot of amother identical timing but diffrent vendor chart that can shows differences.

PS: If you like to have a static benchmark, take PFP LITE 1.0 or 1.1 From Brad (www.ment.com) and compare his candles formations with Esig
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

All I can add is that a good trader friend of mine, who has specialized in Japanese candles, has also objected the "unusual long shadows" and this guy has been around candles for years.
        Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't look particularly strange to me. Currencies are a specific market however, with often high volatility, which could be responsible for the 'long shadows'.

Is your friend a currency expert? If not, please find a stock / index example which is easier to reproduce for others (like me)

If he is, I'll have to see if other people can reproduce this chart on a different datafeed / website.

Edo.

Comment

Well, my friend and I are strictly trading Forex, but what could be an explanation is that the range of the bid and ask price is bigger in Esignal than in my Forex trading station. When I get a price for the Eur/USD pair of 1.1712/1.1717 e.g the price in Esignal can move between 1.1709/1.1714 and 1.1719/1.1724 for short periods of time, while the price in my trading staion would not budge one pip. So since there seems a bigger short-term price movement, the shadows are longer of course than in software where you do not have these bigger short-term price movements.

Comment

Hi Tekunda,

your chart GBP A0-FX is perfect. Don't worry.
              Esignal chart use only bid price and it's correct.
              Sometime we have a little problem with a minor cross rate ex.EURCAD A0-FX but I use a Price Filtering (Click Tools).
              Please see my attached.

By
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again Sergio. I will apply the price filter from now on

Comment

Working...
                X