working off line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working off line

Can anyone tell me how to work offline in e signal? If I simply break my connection I get a dislup connection dialogue appearing which cannot be closed.

Many Thx

Tradedog
    AFAIK you cannot work offline with eSignal
    Alex

Comment

working offline

Thx Alex
      Reason I ask is I have seen a reference from e sig to the effect "if u r using the Playback feature offline......". I assumed that perhaps this was possible.

Nuter question, If i import efs studies from the fileshare, open them, they appear in a text editor window. Is it sufficient to just save them with a name in say, "Downloads' for me to be able to put them on a chart?

Thx again.

Comment

Tradedog
        Yes, just save them in any of the subfolders in the Formulas folder of eSignal directory. Once that is done you can apply them to any chart
        Alex

Comment

Tradedog
          I believe I need to clarify my reply regarding working offline.
          There are a couple of conditions in which you can work offline albeit with some limitations.
          You can for example disconnect and continue to use the application (if already open and running) with the data and enablements active at the time of the last connection. However, that data and those enablements will no longer exist after you close the application as they are not stored locally but only in memory cache.
          Also you can open the application while disconnected and create charts using the Tick Playback files that you have downloaded and saved. However, any special enablements will not work unless you have first connected to eSignal servers.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X