Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Esignal locking up on gateway desktop pc's but NOT laptops...any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal locking up on gateway desktop pc's but NOT laptops...any suggestions?

We have 4 gateway desktop pcs that are 2.4Ghz 512M RAM. We are having an issue where when esignal is opened, IE quits running (Not Responding errors) and nothing that has been tried works. I have tried setting the process priority different, checked for updates on Windows and gateway sites..any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Case,

Are you still having this problem? I'm not familiar with this and I'm guessing that a lack of response from anyone else indicates they're not having this problem. I wouldn't know where to begin trouble shooting this with you over the bulletin boards. May I suggest that you call into our Tech Support group if you're still having this issue?

Please check this link for alternative methods in contacting our tech support group.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

ok, I have some more info about the issue. We did have WinVNC installed. When I called tech support the second time, the tech said that may be causing some of the issues. I un-installed all the WinVNC clients and removed several of the files that are associated with esignal that the tech had suggested, then reinstalled esignal again. Well this time it worked for about 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, esignal would have to be closed and restarted to allow any other applications to be opened. So far I haven't been able to fix that issue. Any other help would be a godsend at this point

Thanks

Comment

I had PC hang up problems

My PC used to hang up when i was using eSignal. My only option was to reboot the PC.

I tried a lot of things but if finally came down to buy a larger power supply because I was using 3 video cards driving 4 monitors plus moving the video cards next to eachother to avoid noise problems.

Now my PC works just fine.

I hope this helps you.

chip

Comment

These sorts of issues can be tricky to isolate. We do have an FAQ on freezing that compiles some of the causes we've seen during our troubleshooting. You may have already checked all of these points but just in case it helps, you may want to review this FAQ.

If the problem persists, please post again so we can keep tossing out ideas.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X