Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set orders to IB without confirmation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set orders to IB without confirmation?

I created buttons to send orders to interactivebrokers. However after I clicking the button to trade, the orders are only sent to IB TWS and sitting there waiting for me to click the "T" button to transmit. Moreover for the first time sending an order to IB, IB TWS always ask me whether to accept the connection request. How can I bypass these two extra operations, otherwise there is little reason to use the integrated trading feature of eSignal. Help is appreciated.

--Clearpicks
    Last edited by clearpicks; 10-16-2003, 09:48 AM.

This sounds to me like IB settings more then eSignal. Any IB users care to assist with this?
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

I'll Give It A Try

Hi Clearpicks,

Right now I don't use the integrated broker. But in an attempt to figure out the problem, I try an experiment sometime Friday afternoon.

chip

Comment

Partial Success

Hi Clearpicks,

I made some time to try the integrated IB order entry and I got mixed results.

1. I received the question to accept the incoming connection for only the first trade I made in each eSignal session. I also had to hit the trasmit button for the first trade if each session.

2. My orders were placed automatically on subsequent orders. So no problem there.

3. I could never get an order to work correctly when I mannually entered the share price. However, I had no problems when I used the supplied hot keys.

Finally, I couldn't see a way to construct OCA orders. I use OCA orders frequently. So for now I'll stick to using the IB-TWS program to manage my orders.

Good luck,

Chip

Comment

Re: Partial Success

Hi Chip,

Thanks. I am wondering what kind of problems I shall meet when I start to play with the IB trading API in eSignal. I hope they have improved the integrated trading part in eSignal 7.5.

-- Clearpick

Originally posted by chipper338
          Hi Clearpicks,

I made some time to try the integrated IB order entry and I got mixed results.

1. I received the question to accept the incoming connection for only the first trade I made in each eSignal session. I also had to hit the trasmit button for the first trade if each session.

2. My orders were placed automatically on subsequent orders. So no problem there.

3. I could never get an order to work correctly when I mannually entered the share price. However, I had no problems when I used the supplied hot keys.

Finally, I couldn't see a way to construct OCA orders. I use OCA orders frequently. So for now I'll stick to using the IB-TWS program to manage my orders.

Good luck,

Chip

Comment

clearpicks,chipper338

The point is not on the ESIGNAL side, but on the broker Side.

however both with esignal integrated ticker or with the Brad Metheney V1BUTTON for IB, everything works fine.

If you like to try the paper trade V1BUTTON go to the file share Brad's Group
            : from there you can try it and then ask him the V1Button for IB
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Using the IB TWS

Hi Clearpicks,

I hope you have made progress in solving the IB/eSignal integration.
              However, if the problem is halting your trading, I would suggest just using the IB TWS s/w. Many IB users in my chat room use it that way and it is nice to see all of your stocks to trade on one order screen.

Besides, I use OCA orders a lot and I couldn't find a way to do that in eSignal.

So best wishes and let us know how it turns out.

Chip

Comment

Working...
              X