Slow Chart Performance - 7.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Chart Performance - 7.4

Every morning I have to restart esignal several times to get a decent server load charts. Charting performance is very slow and when I enter a new symbol I usually get 3-4 blank charts and only the daily is loaded. No 5, 15 60 charts will load. I'm using 7.4. I even tried running on different machines and at different locations. No Luck. Note: I only load volume, 20 MA and 200 MA.

Note: I have dual wan connections (avg 2 megabits per second
    ) and high-end graphic workstations.

Anyone else have this problem or do I have to move to CA to get a decent connection?

restart data manager after ***waiting *** > 15sec

In my experience, eSignal is *very* reliable with historical loads, especially minute charting intervals and above.

I did recently discover that I needed to kill the winros.exe process (data manager), and then ***wait*** for at least 15 seconds before restarting it. Somehow this allows things to time out so that a different historical server is much more likely to be chosen. I posted a batch file for XP which does this automagically.

I rarely have problems with historical loading with equities.

Support can give you some other suggestions.

Comment

Had same problem... Moved to 7.5 seems to be alot better, fixed alot of issues that 7.4 had.

Fibbgann
      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Working...
      X