24 hr charts again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hr charts again

This is a "known issue" but I wonder how many customers get caught by it. I am using 7.5 Beta 1 so it is not fixed on your next proposed release. It's 07:30 am Fri 17th October 03 here in Europe so thats what - 9hrs Pacific is still yesterday 22:30. Canadian dollar charts WC Z3 Daily Globex:

16 Oct 17 Oct
    H 7545 7568
    L 7496 7560
    C 7535 7564 Thats gap up right? No wrong data. High is wrong!

Same Contract on 5 min chart

H 7598 at 17:20 local time 16 Oct, a 30 tick difference!
    L 7496 at 10:00 local time
    Last 7564
    The 5 min has got the right data

17:20 local time is )8:20 Pacific? So whats the problem - Why no correct High on the daily?

Now, what I have read on this problem and pardon me I cannot locate the thread right now, is that ESig thinks yesterdays bar just gets extended into todays bar so the high is sort of OK and in a few hours it is all corrected. Nope. I just get a gap up showing a breakout and I buy it or fade it whatever, whereas the dang thing is trading below yesterdays highs, the moving averages and MACDs and strategies and real trades are all wrong. And it does not get corrected later because these charts are full of gaps up and down when there weren't any. I have read its going to be fixed BUT IN THE MEANTIME may I suggest that for the benefit of your new users you flag it big time with a health warning? And a date for the fix would be great too. I'd sure like to see this major issue escalated.
    Buy the dips sell the rallies

Hi,
    PS - At 08:20 AM Central European time the CME Canadian dollar is trading fine on PATs but the last update I have from Esig is 02:05 AM thats using
    WC #F

Tricky problem 24 charts, granted, but pilots and sailors all use GMT or ZULU time - simply the time in London with no adjustment for daylight saving. That gets around the time zone problem.

Cheers,

Gary

Comment

Hi Garym,

We had some issues with some GLOBEX symbols but was resolved.

Thanks,

Marwan

Comment

Hi Marwan
        The prices are updating yes. But the high on the daily chart for yesterday is still wrong. At what time will it be corrected? I traded WC Z3 at 7590 yesterday, your high is showing 7545 on the daily WC #F - Globex Cabn Dollar, D) Dynamic, 0:00-24:00 but correct on the 5 min chart.

Am I doing something wrong or is this bad data?

Best regards,

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X